·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lots of stuff to play with 1 amp for sure..

·
Registered
191 Posts
For better info than the Ebay ad go here, http://www.cardomain.com/ride/238614 This guy posted up a lot of specs and pics of the amp, both external and internal.

I would be a little leary of someone with a feedback of 1 who is trying to do a sale with no returns.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont want to buy it.. I just never seen one b4

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wow, that is tempting! Does noone on the board have experience with this amp?

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats for sure

I have never owned any MA so I dont care but....

just because a lot of stuff now is junk doesnt mean they didnt make something good at one point in time

has anyone seen made in USA Power Acoustic? neither have I but they made some and supposedly well made early 90's amps....similar to the good earthquake ...

I just think its funny to automatically dismiss sometimes.....I have seen some of the MA amps that didnt look that bad...how they sound? dont know

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I've had 2 MAs (so probably twice as many as as anyone else ;) )...they work...they're amps...they sound like solid state amps. IMO amps made in Korea are better than (most) amps made in China.

This looks to be the Highlander of their line. Worth a $400+ risk from an unknown ebayer...no. Worth $400 from a reputable source...for some, yes. It's hugeeeeee and has 270A worth of fusing...

·
11,394 Posts
No, they were always junk.

Power Acoustic was always a low end line too.

They all came from the same family that gave us Audiobahn.

I have never owned any MA so I dont care but....

just because a lot of stuff now is junk doesnt mean they didnt make something good at one point in time

has anyone seen made in USA Power Acoustic? neither have I but they made some and supposedly well made early 90's amps....similar to the good earthquake ...

I just think its funny to automatically dismiss sometimes.....I have seen some of the MA amps that didnt look that bad...how they sound? dont know

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, they were always junk.

Power Acoustic was always a low end line too.

They all came from the same family that gave us Audiobahn.

are you an engineer? Reason I ask is because i know someone who has been physically working and designing these things for the last 20yrs and he actually told me friday that he has a power acoustic that was made in the USA and made of quality parts and design and not junk....he didnt know they existed so its quite possible there are things we all didnt realize..

like I said..there are a bunk of junk makers now yes...but doesnt mean there wasnt some good ones too....

I am not going to get into the person I am speaking but I am certain he knows more than 99% of us here when it comes to what is actually what

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have ran several MA amps over the year. Mostly in SPL applications. The HK4000d and HK802SX are both solid amps. They produce goobs of power when you have the electrical to back them up. The main problem I have seen with them is that, they are cheep and the people that buy alot of them. Just don't install them correctly/poorly. Now as fare as their SQ goes well......did I mention their cheep and produce tons of power?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts