DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
still didnt feel like there was a conclusion as to how the vifa fares directly against the LPGs :)

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Imho with tweeters, the dispersion pattern, frequency response, and off-axis response are just as important as the distortion and decay performance.

For example some of the Scan-Speak tweeters have very good distortion/decay performance, but I still prefer the much worse LPG 25nfa subjectively in-car because of it's extended top end response and dispersion.

·
Registered
217 Posts
you and Zaph had a bit different responses for the Vifa tweeter. he seems to talk about the measured stuff and not the listening. although he's making a set using the tweeter in the future, so I'll see how that goes. I didnt notice its not easy to tell if hes talking about the listening or response. I had higher standings for the tweeter. I mean I didnt expect to hear something about it being spitty/hissy. or sending out music as white noise.

also I had seen that vifa review, but didnt pay much attention since I had no plans to use those tweeters, but they are another option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.