DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there my name is Justin.

I have lurked this forum for quite a while and just finally decided I should sign up so I can actually view all the threads and get serious about learning more and designing my system.

Now to the point.

The build will be in a 1984 Toyota Cressida

I currently have something in the car that I am for the most part very unhappy with. I have a single Orion P12D2 in 1.5cuft sealed powered by a MRP-M500 and a pair of 5/14 MTX comps in the front.

Here is my plan. Active on the bass/mid bass and passive on the comps.

Drivers:
2 Peerless SLS 8's in the rear deck
2 Peerless SDS 5 1/4's in the front doors
A higher end comp set with the mid in the kicks and tweets in the A pillars.

Power:
Not really sure. I would like to stick with something like the Zapco 750.2 and 360.4 as they would suit the look of the car and having seen a few sets on here they are definitely in my price range. I'm just not sure if thats actually enough power.

Am i totally out to lunch here? Would i be better off running a single 10 in the front passenger foot well and ditching the 8's all together? Im not building the car to compete (nowhere to compete around here) but I want it to sound great.

Anything else I should be looking at in the way of power? there were some really neat old amps in the classifieds. I am ok with running 3 amps as long as they match.

Thank you for any advice you may have :)

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Sorry I don't have any useable input on this just commenting that I used to have the same car and was in LOVE. Good luck with getting what you want, this is a great forum with very knowledgeable people.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it has a rediculous amount of options for its age and everything still works :)

though mine is a wee bit lowered and has 15x9 0 offset wheels on it. I had origionally bought it as a drift car project but its to nice to drive so I got something else to drift and am just going to use this a street cruiser :cool:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried to post a pic in my first post but I need 5 posts before i can post pics/links.

I only have pics of its winter mode right now. The goodies are sitting the spare room waiting for all the damn snow to melt.

If you find a picture of a white cressi with the old split 4 spoke supra wheels on it you'll see exactly how it looks right now. Though mine has a florescent steering wheel courtesy of Grip royal :cool:

In the summer the car will be between 2.5-3" lower then stock with Rota shakotan wheels and no rear bumper. I'm working on getting a set of jzx71 headlights to put it in so can have the yellow fogs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts