DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my friend's '08 MXT that I will be installing an ipad 2 as the source unit with an Audio Control Three.2 EQ. I will be relocating the air brake switch and the turbo boost knob to a bracket just below the steering wheel to the right and the HVAC will also be moved.

I went up to SoundMan last week and met Doug and Jonny. Doug hooked me up with the iPod pan, 90 degree passthrough, and the Schose AV cable. Both great guys that answered all my questions no matter how dumb they might of been. This will be my first iPad install and thanks to SoundMan this project will be alot easier using their products.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
I'm sorry, but what exactly is a MXT?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sorry, but what exactly is a MXT?

2007 International MXT Base price $89,500
Price as tested $97,558
(Limited) Vehicle layout Front engine,
AWD,
4-door,
4-pass
Engine International VT365 V-8 turbodiesel SAE hp @ rpm 300 @ 2600 SAE lb-ft @ rpm 530 @ 1400
Transmission Allison 2200 RDS 5-speed automatic
Wheelbase, in 202.0 Length x width x height, in 252.0 x 96.0 x 91.0
Base curb weight, lb 10,500
Max GVWR, lb 14,500 Max payload capacity,
lb 4000 Max towing capacity,
lb 15,500 Max cargo volume, cu ft 62.0 On sale in U.S. Currently

Read more: 2007 International MXT Specs - Ultimate Truck Road Test - Truck Trend

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Wow, talk about a beast on wheels lol. Great job so far can't wait to see the end results. :)

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I love those trucks, ALWAYS HAVE they are nothing short of beasts!
I'm defiantly in for this build. This use of an IPAD as a head is very
intriguing to me. Based on what you have already done I'm
sure you will have great success.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nice work man, what exactly u need to install it to make it work properly?

You can get all the parts needed from the SoundMan online.

http://store.soundmancaraudio.com/

This board is a super low profile, easily mountable solution for molding into a custom iPad housing. This unit extends all 30 pins of the iPad dock connector at a 90 degree angle, so your wires will come from the back instead of the side. Used in conjunction with the Pocket Dock and a USB iPad charger. This is by far the most streamlined solution for a custom iPad build. Over much trial and error we have developed this superior method.

This little unit gives you audio out and usb in for charging. When used in conjunction with the 90 degree pass through, you will have a very small unit to mount in your dash. When installing an iPad in your dash, it's crucial that you use small parts to save dash space. This unit comes with the necessary cable for audio and charging (car charger sold separately). we recommend our iPad car charger as we've tested the parts together and they work very well.

This car charger supports iPad's unique 2.1amp charging requirements. When used in conjunction with the "PocketDock" you will be able to charge your iPad when its in your car. We recommend using a female 12 volt socket, which will enable you to hide the charging unit. You can also connect the female socket to an accessory power, so that you iPad will light up when you turn your key on.

If you want to get video out of the iPad you use this cable. Using this cable eliminates the need for the pocket dock and the 12v charger.

With this cable you can easily connect your iPad, iPhone or iPod directly to your car entertainment system through the RCA audio/video inputs. This innovative cable also provides 2.1 A of power to keep your device charged. The integrated toggle switch allows you to change between playing video on an external video source and easily back to your idevice's screen while continuing to charge.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I would have to relocate my hvac controls. I plan on doing something similar but with a 7 inch tablet or my phone. probably my phone.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
sub'd . i have no words for this but...holy **** O_O

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I guide coat sanded to 600 then sprayed with Duplicolor Truck bed liner to match the center console/sub enclosure with 2 15" Treos that has been Rhino lined along with complete exterior of the truck.
I then added a sued insert and epoxied in the 90 degree passthrough.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
very nice. but aint that a military vehicle?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts