DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi not sure if this is right place to ask this but I’m lookimg all over and I really don’t know what’s good for this or if it’s even real, I have a Kenwood dmx905s double din radio installed, with CarPlay, I believe it is 2019 model, and I’m looking to be able to either screen mirror my iPhone onto my headunit, and/ or some other way of having video appear on the screen, such as Netflix or whatever, any idea of where to start? Am I being realistic?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
As far as I know you can’t actually cast the screen of an iPhone like you can with android... you can send you tube and some other bits to an Apple TV if it has a network connection... but I am not sure about Netflix as it’s built onto Apple TV so you can watch it on the Apple TV anyway

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As far as I know you can’t actually cast the screen of an iPhone like you can with android... you can send you tube and some other bits to an Apple TV if it has a network connection... but I am not sure about Netflix as it’s built onto Apple TV so you can watch it on the Apple TV anyway
You should think there’s some sort of aftermarket way to hook something up to a headunit that allows you to mirror an iPhone even if it’s a general thing, as the tech does exist soooo why not...

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
You should think there’s some sort of aftermarket way to hook something up to a headunit that allows you to mirror an iPhone even if it’s a general thing, as the tech does exist soooo why not...
I’ve not come across one, I know you can stream it via hdmi from an iPhone, but as you don’t think you have hdmi in... can you not get a hdmi to av adaptor for the av rca input? Even my pioneer has one of those 👍🏼

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I’ve not come across one, I know you can stream it via hdmi from an iPhone, but as you don’t think you have hdmi in... can you not get a hdmi to av adaptor for the av rca input? Even my pioneer has one of those 👍🏼
I think it might yes, I was kinda hoping fit some recommendations on these HDMI screen casters

·
Registered
91 Posts
HDMI to rca will work but you’ll be stepping down 1080p res to 480i which is going backwards.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
But if it’s all his headunit has then it’s the best of a bad job... he has already said he doesn’t have a hdmi input... some picture is better than nothing...
Yeah this seems the way to go, you’d think a high end kenwood 2019 model would have HDMI I hadn’t even considered it at the time

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Yeah this seems the way to go, you’d think a high end kenwood 2019 model would have HDMI I hadn’t even considered it at the time
Playing video is not really a thing for most cars, and that’s generally what hdmi is for, av in is relatively simple, hdmi on a 7” screen probably has very little benefit over an av in I guess...

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you have the 3.5mm av input on the back you can do it .
You need the rca to 3.5 mm jack . Plus the rca to hdmi converter . The you need the lightning to hdmi adapter.
When you order the 3.5 to rca make sure its pins are like this .

White tip
Red
Ground
Yellow bottom

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
Would an AppleTV module work? That's what's necessary to cast from iphone to TV. Well actually you cast to the module. It has HDMI output too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts