DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
https://www.amazon.com/Apple-Lightning-USB3-Camera-Adapter/dp/B01F7KJDIM/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3ROLDO2UWMKI&keywords=apple+usb+3+camera+adapter&qid=1567556542&s=gateway&sprefix=apple+usb+3,aps,192&sr=8-3

I think we found the issue. The iPhone 6 has a craptastic output limit of 24/48khz. LOL

I will test with my iPhone XR to see if we could hit 24/192khz output.

You need to use a 3rd party player app like Onkyo and load hi res files to it - standard Apple Music app is limited to 48kHz output.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
I use an iPhone X and Ipod touch latest gen with the Onkyo HF player and the Helix will see 24/96 files. Only have mk1 P-Six so this is the highest resolution is will play with.

Not actually got any hi res music on either device at the moment but they do play through the Amazon camera kit I linked to above.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Yup got it to work. Tidal playing Master songs will show 88.9/96khz.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I now have a further issue, although at this stage not sure if it is cable or hardware related.

When playing through the iPod into camera kit, USB card and into P Six, with more regular occurrence the audio begins to crackle and then cut off the feed into the P-Six. The iPod will then only play through it's internal speaker and no longer recognises the USB audio.

Turning the car off and waiting for power to dissipate from the Helix (light goes out on URC.3) it will all come good again once restarted.

Going to replace the apple cable to the ipod and maybe put the original Apple camera kit adaptor back in (accepting that it won't charge) to see if it is the non standard kit causing the problem.

Beyond that I'll have to investigate the P Six further and probably speak to AF.

Anybody had this or similar, before I pull things apart?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I now have a further issue, although at this stage not sure if it is cable or hardware related.

When playing through the iPod into camera kit, USB card and into P Six, with more regular occurrence the audio begins to crackle and then cut off the feed into the P-Six. The iPod will then only play through it's internal speaker and no longer recognises the USB audio.

Turning the car off and waiting for power to dissipate from the Helix (light goes out on URC.3) it will all come good again once restarted.

Going to replace the apple cable to the ipod and maybe put the original Apple camera kit adaptor back in (accepting that it won't charge) to see if it is the non standard kit causing the problem.

Beyond that I'll have to investigate the P Six further and probably speak to AF.

Check to see if you have lint or anything in your charge port that's hindering your connection

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
I have had the same issue. I turn the car off and back on too and it’s ok but
Gets progressively worse with time . So what I do is reset the dsp and reload my presets. Good to go . It’s happened 3 or 4 times .
I also get that same error message like the accessory( camera adapter) is not compatible with this device . I just press ok and it works but doesn’t charge either . Odd but that’s Apple for ya

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
I sometimes remedy the lost connection issue by toggling between Full Speed and High Speed USB DAC options. Then reconnecting the iOS device. Not sure if it refreshes the connection or not but it will see my iOS device again when connection is lost (using Helix DSP pro mk2 and Director).

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I sometimes remedy the lost connection issue by toggling between Full Speed and High Speed USB DAC options. Then reconnecting the iOS device. Not sure if it refreshes the connection or not but it will see my iOS device again when connection is lost (using Helix DSP pro mk2 and Director).

I have tried this as well. I read you post on another thread. It works maybe every 10th try for me

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
I have tried this as well. I read you post on another thread. It works maybe every 10th try for me
My bad, forgot I posted that already. I know it’s frustrating! It randomly happens to me too.

I’m still figuring out myself why with iOS 13 my iPhone will sometimes charge and play then sometimes not charge and play

where as

my iPad pro 2018 with the Apple USB C dongle never experienced the charging and playing issue (even when it was on iOS 12).

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
My bad, forgot I posted that already. I know it’s frustrating! It randomly happens to me too.

I’m still figuring out myself why with iOS 13 my iPhone will sometimes charge and play then sometimes not charge and play

where as

my iPad pro 2018 with the Apple USB C dongle never experienced the charging and playing issue (even when it was on iOS 12).

So it's not a lightning/camera issue it's a phone issue. I was hoping the 11 was gonna be usb c but I guess not

·
Registered
743 Posts
So it's not a lightning/camera issue it's a phone issue. I was hoping the 11 was gonna be usb c but I guess not

That would be tens of millions down the drain for licensing lightning port. Greed forgets customer's well being.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
That would be tens of millions down the drain for licensing lightning port. Greed forgets customer's well being.

The next phone will be usb c everything else Apple is already usb c

·
Registered
68 Posts

As an update to my own post, over the weekend I took the dash apart and removed the extension cable that went from the ipod car cradle to the camera kit. This cable was a little suspect as the metal shroud was loose around the plug so maybe a little vulnerable to damage.

I have expected it not to make a difference so I hot glued the camera kit to the back of the mount and left it accessible without having to take half the dash off.

So far it has not crackled and cut off again. Been running it for up to 2 hours at a time over the last two days and all ok. Not been into the software at all.

Probably put the kiss of death on it now but, so far so good and it looks like it may have just been a dodgy connection.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Is there still an issue connecting to the Helix via USB with camera kit 3? I'd like to know before I spend $40 on one.
Yep no charging. Get the henkur off Amazon. Still buggy but charges. Sometimes

·
Registered
46 Posts

Thought about it but went ahead and just purchased the cc3 from apple. Not a fan of using cheap cables that aren't mfi certified. They can damage your phone.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Is there still an issue connecting to the Helix via USB with camera kit 3? I'd like to know before I spend $40 on one.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #59

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Thought about it but went ahead and just purchased the cc3 from apple. Not a fan of using cheap cables that aren't mfi certified. They can damage your phone.
Mfi doesn't mean anything when it won't charge it's just for data transfer

41 - 60 of 97 Posts