DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm gonna go with no probably not. I haven't updated my phone yet so I can't confirm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you know if I can still charge my phone and use it for audio at the same time if I use optical input instead? IPhone>camera kit>topping d10>helix

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Do you know if I can still charge my phone and use it for audio at the same time if I use optical input instead? IPhone>camera kit>topping d10>helix
As far as I know the second you plug the camera kit in you lose charging reguardless of what downstream

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
As far as I know the second you plug the camera kit in you lose charging reguardless of what downstream

Nope, my topping works just fine and charges my phone, it’s literally the usb hec that causes grief, my topping/cck3 combo has never not charged the phone 👍🏼

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Nope, my topping works just fine and charges my phone, it’s literally the usb hec that causes grief, my topping/cck3 combo has never not charged the phone
It's 100% the camera kit. What phone are you using? What software? Are you using an actual Apple camera kit?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
It's 100% the camera kit. What phone are you using? What software? Are you using an actual Apple camera kit?

It doesn’t charge because it doesn’t recognise the accessory that is a hec...

the camera kit (genuine apple) works 100% with every other dac me and friends have put near it

but I’ll humour you, I have used an iPhone XR 256gb, iPad 10.1 2020, iPad mini 2 16gb and an iPad mini 5 256gb all with the same cck3 and several topping D10’s so it’s 100% not the CCK3, all the above devices except the mini 2 were updated with the latest version In the 13’s, my iPhone is on 13.5.1, the mini 2 has the latest it’s allowed, 12.4.8 and works just fine 👍🏼

·
Registered
1,094 Posts

I can also find lots of topping D10/cck3 users on Facebook who all report the exact same, charges and works just fine, the stand-off is helix blame the Apple software (I would concur with this as lots of hecs worked with the cck3 before a certain time) and Apple cck3 kits work with lots of other devices just fine and charge perfectly well...

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I can also find lots of topping D10/cck3 users on Facebook who all report the exact same, charges and works just fine, the stand-off is helix blame the Apple software (I would concur with this as lots of hecs worked with the cck3 before a certain time) and Apple cck3 kits work with lots of other devices just fine and charge perfectly well...
What are you running out if the topping? Coax?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I’ve used both optical (into a dsp.3) and coax (into an ultra), and I’ve used analogue out which isn’t as good as either of the above
Well no shit your charging works your not using the cck to usb directly into the hec.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Well no shit your charging works your not using the cck to usb directly into the hec.

If you’ll read carefully with your shitty tone, I never said I did! Show me where I did say I’d got a hec working, talk about going off on one for no reason... the guy above asked about a topping from a cck3 and you said it wouldn’t charge as per the pic below, I was correcting your 100% wrong answer! so before getting all antsy try actually reading what people ask and not answering with blanket assumptions...

923FF96C-468C-4E70-9A9E-AC58A7FF6753.png

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
If you’ll read carefully with your shitty tone, I never said I did! Show me where I did say I’d got a hec working, talk about going off on one for no reason... the guy above asked about a topping from a cck3 and you said it wouldn’t charge as per the pic below, I was correcting your 100% wrong answer! so before getting all antsy try actually reading what people ask and not answering with blanket assumptions...

View attachment 275052
Ah yep your right I didn't read my bad

·
Registered
40 Posts
I’ve used both optical (into a dsp.3) and coax (into an ultra), and I’ve used analogue out which isn’t as good as either of the above
i have read a few threads where people have compared the "Sound differences" between the use of the: COAX | Optical | USB & BlueTooth Hec(s) on the Helix DSP's. What has been your experience? At least with the Coax vs Opt?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Still charges fine with Apple and aftermarket Digital Camera Kits that are designed to charge.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Still charges fine with Apple and aftermarket Digital Camera Kits that are designed to charge.
What still charges fine? My phone hasn't worked with an Apple camera kit since Installed my helix over a year ago

61 - 80 of 97 Posts