DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm looking for some help with wiring an ipod cable in my car. I've had for a few yrs a blitzsafe adapter that plays and chargers the ipod. I've had problems with it ever since getting it due to the design of the 8-pin mini din connection. It "had" a spring load plug that never stayed connected. I had to use electric tape to hold it together all this time.

To get an idea of what I started with: (link to blitzsafe model)
Blitzsafe - CHY / M-LINK1 V.1AL

Anyway, I cut the spring loaded connector off and picked up a 8-pin mini adapter extension cable. At this time I have the ipod playing with perfect sound thru the car using the following wiring.

images of wiring:
Photo Album - Imgur

The problem I still have is with the charging. The four wires not connected do not seem to do anything. I've been all over the internet, even contact blitzsafe, to gain access to wiring diagrams. So far, the sources that seem to help only indicate the content or image was removed. (hmmmm)

In the pics you will see:
- the ground connected
- red to red
- blue to blue
- purple to white
- green to orange

I connected them in this order and could hear the sound coming thru better with each connection (sound level, then all speakers)

I've tried a number of combinations with the remaining wires and nothing seems to make a difference. I put a voltage meter to the wires coming from the black line (from the ipod itself) and found all have a signal except the yellow.

Honestly, at this point, I could have the the wires I think that work incorrectly connected, but, that's why I reaching out to you all.

Also, I should note, I am not interested in picking up another blitzsafe specific ipod cable as it will only put me back where I was with the spring loaded mini din connector.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I don't know about the iPod classic, but on the iPhone and iPod Touch, there are resistors that prevent unauthorized chargers from charging the device. Much more information here: MintyBoost - The mysteries of Apple device charging

No idea if that's what happening to you, but maybe it can at least start you in the right direction.

Also, at the risk of stating the obvious, use a multimeter to check the pinout config of your two connectors. Don't rely on just the wire colors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know about the iPod classic, but on the iPhone and iPod Touch, there are resistors that prevent unauthorized chargers from charging the device. Much more information here: MintyBoost - The mysteries of Apple device charging

No idea if that's what happening to you, but maybe it can at least start you in the right direction.

Also, at the risk of stating the obvious, use a multimeter to check the pinout config of your two connectors. Don't rely on just the wire colors.

This is great info! Thanks for what is by far the best source of info I have seen yet. :D

Now, to try out a few things over the weekend with the new knowledge. I'll post back up if I learn anything new.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts