DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone using there ipod for there main source, are you using a DAC, etc, what the best way to integrate an Ipod for the best possible sound

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Apple lossless to a p99. I did some unscientific testing (using my ears lol), and I couldn't tell a difference between the ipod and cd.
I know the p99 is far from an 'integration' piece, and cost some good coin. But you'll need something to bypass the ipod dac. The pioneer will do that, plus many other great features in one package. I'm sure there are other solutions as well.
All depends on your budget, and goals.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^lets take budget out of it, looking for the best possible sound from an ipod, thanks

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what exactly is Apple lossless?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Will Apple lossless maintain full fidelity of sacd or dvd-a?
Are there any ipod type devices that can record a 5 channel (l-r-c and lr-rr) sacd or dvd-a?

·
Registered
112 Posts
X2 on Apple Lossless + P99

Apple Lossless is a lossless compression algorithm. It is compressed, but no loss is made in doing so, therefore it is as good as the original and can in fact be restored back to the original. (i.e. = CD Quality, assuming you got a good rip off your CD to start with.)

To get a good rip to begin with, use Exact Audio Copy. This program will read your CD as many times as it needs to until it has a perfect rip. With a simple add on, it can be configured to compress using ALAC (Apple Lossless) and import into iTunes for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts