DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the time has come !!
What with a new baby on the way and getting sick of Cd's all over the car etc/ I am looking for a Ipod only solution

have seen the Alpine ones on the net etc. And the Fusion idea looks great. What i am looking for is ease of use . I just want to scroll through the listings etc just like on the ipod.

sound quality will be as high as i can burn the cd's onto the ipod. If i can get some sort of SQ then i will be happy

cheers for advice

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have been using Alpine ida-x100 for a while ,very satisfied with the sound quality ,and the unit work with my iphone as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not sure what kind of car you have, but I bought an aux adapter / ipod control for my Tahoe that uses the CD changer control function on the head unit. I can skip forward and backward with the head unit controls and the sound is as good as it can be with the ipod. Might be an option for you

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not sure what kind of car you have, but I bought an aux adapter / ipod control for my Tahoe that uses the CD changer control function on the head unit. I can skip forward and backward with the head unit controls and the sound is as good as it can be with the ipod. Might be an option for you
I'd check into that claim. The Alpines tap into the iPod audio straight out of the digital domain. They get a reputed 105db S/N ratio, whereas I can't see any cd/aux input type device coming close.

BTW, quite happy with my iDA

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not sure what tapping "straight out of the digital domain" means, but here is the adapter I am talking about. I could be totally off here though.

I would think the real issue would be what kind of compression you use on the music on your ipod...would have a much bigger impact on fidelity

<edit>I see that you can apparently connect your ipod, via usb cable, to the x100 to use the x100's DAC. Guess you have to make sure you are playing wav files to justify that one</edit>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts