DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm getting some sound deadener to go in the doors and on the floor of my 2002 Pontiac Grand Am. Im set on Sound Deadener Showdown to go in my doors, but to put it in my floor and go all the way back to my trunk it's gonna cost me a freakin fortune! So Ive been looking at Acoustical Solution's AudioSeal MLV, it's for home theaters in houses to put in walls, it has the same specs and ratings as Sound Deadener Showdown MLV, (and its a good bit cheaper) but I don't know anything about it. I'm not worried about it not having a sticky backing or how much heat it can take since I'm only putting it on my floor and in the bottom of my trunk. Has anyone used this?

Here is the data sheet for AudioSeal:
Data Sheet | Acoustical Solutions, Inc. | AudioSeal Sound Barrier Non-Reinforced AB10NR

And the link to Sound Deadener Showdown MLV:
Sound Deadener Showdown - Your Source for Sound Deadening Products and Information

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it looks like it to me too. Has anyone used this stuff?

·
Wave Shepherd
2,416 Posts
The only spec that matters for sound transmission on a barrier like this is density. The product you linked has a density of 1.0 pound per square foot and that is standard for mass-loaded-vinyl barriers.

I agree. If you like the price, give it a try. You might be able to get a sample mailed to you if you are unsure. This stuff is very heavy and shipping will be a huge factor to consider when shopping around. I would try to find the store that is most local to you.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$95.00 for a 54" x 15 *foot* roll is a great price: 67.5 square feet @ $1.407 per square foot. I bet the shipping cost is astronomical, though :worried:
It's $150 shipped

·
Registered
1,291 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Lol, its $150 TOTAL

Im not sure i gave that link.... I only have links to SDS and Acoustical Solutions

I was referring to the link you gave above "Acoustical Solutions" I just wasn't sure if the link I posted (soundproofing) had a better price then Acoustical Solutions.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Maybe you can save on shipping by asking if they have a local dealer. Haven't tried this my self, but heard the MLV on this site was good, not sure if it's cheaper then the link you gave.
Super Soundproofing and more soundproofing! Practical Noise Control & Soundproofing Solutions and Materials : Soundproofing.Org
That's a pretty good place to buy stuff from, as well. The shipping might be cheaper, at least for me. They're only one state over, as opposed to being in New York :D

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
That's a pretty good place to buy stuff from, as well. The shipping might be cheaper, at least for me. They're only one state over, as opposed to being in New York :D

I've been wanting to slap some MLV on my doors, but been putting it off and they're like an hour away from me. :p

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh yeah I checked them out, it's got a LOT of choices but it's about $135 shipped for 48"x15' of MLV. AudioSeal is $150 shipped for 54"x15' MLV. Just depends on what ya need I guess

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
MLV is going to be pricey no matter who you buy it from - especially if you need to have it shipped - but the price per square foot will determine who I buy from when I go for it :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts