DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get my wife more involved in it so that we can have more of a bond. My cousin's girlfriend is MECP certified but she does nursing now. How cool is she lol...

·
Registered
117 Posts
My wife loved my big booming systems back in the 90's. She upholstered stuff for me,snaked wires through tiny spaces and lent her critical eye to system lay outs and detailing. I wish she was hovering over my shoulder now,while I re-enter the game. Hours spent working and laughing on mundane install issues will be something you both can re-live down the road,and her pride in knowing the basic's of your system in front of your friends will make your heart swell.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Here's my wife's car. She knows nothing except it "sounds really good". Although, she does go to the G2G's we've had and she can tell you if yours sounds bad.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
We had talked about it in the pilot for 6 years, never happened because she can't stand work-time in a car apart. we went with a decent system int he short lived sonata and now the charger and she's happy.

in other words,

She does not give a flying ****, it needs to have hi's, mid's, and low's.. She's happy.

She's married to an audio engineer, if she wants knocked on her ass there's a mastering rig here fully capable of doing it.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
My wife hates the amount of money I spend on my car and audio gear. She has no clue how much I really spend though.
<--- car audio, ham radio, firearms.......

Yeah, if I ever die... Remember to look for the auction, because everything was "About a hundred bucks"

·
Premium Member
3,853 Posts
my wife competed for about 6 years in IASCA and SLAP and did some MECA events last year.
She changes her own oil, and other basic maintenance on her car herself. Sands bondo, runs wires, dampens and has been very instrumental in helping tune multiple vehicles.

·
Banned
342 Posts
my wife competed for about 6 years in IASCA and SLAP and did some MECA events last year.
She changes her own oil, and other basic maintenance on her car herself. Sands bondo, runs wires, dampens and has been very instrumental in helping tune multiple vehicles.
Wow It is woman? :)

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
My wife turns wrenches, no problem, pulls wire, you name it, her daddy was a carpenter, comes up with solutions to problems too..... Just does not give a **** about audio, but is more than willing to lend a hand.

That's why I love her. She does not know WHY she is doing what she is doing, and she can somewhat appreciate the end result, but has no interest in going through that in her car.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
My wifie says I love the garage more than her... And I always say yes you got it honey, garage don't ***** Jk

My wifie supports me in anything I do. But one of these days she said, I know you love sounds and your car and I know you love your family too. But I wish you spend more ime with your family vs your car and the garage....

My hart was about to melt ;(

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
lol, my wife doesn't care at all. if it makes sound, its good enough.

·
Registered
117 Posts
didn't have time to read the whole story [yet],but looks like a pretty complete man cave. My "little" brother [he's 55] is still running some Speaker Lab 7's in his shop. The Sansui 8080 puked a few years back. 15" mids and folded corner horns still get it loud and a few beers make them clear..lol But who cares,listening to Deep Purple..

·
Registered
500 Posts
Dear chad, that's about the worst garage I've ever seen. Just look at all that "audio stuff" cluttering-up the place.
J/K man. Great stuff. I THINK I DON'T LIKE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
My wife use to have the mentality that as long as the car gets from A to B, she could care less about the car itself. 16 yrs later, her mood has changed. For the most part as long as it has a CD player in it, she's happy.

A few years ago I put in her car a Pioneer P980-BT and she loved it. I gave her my Eclipse CD8455 for a little while and when I took that back, she got mad. I had to razz her about how she didn't care, so she says.

She's very supportive of this hobby and tells me to go to the local Car Audio store to hang out, she just gave me the ok (as an extended Christmas gift) to get a Clarion 6770 that someone just emailed me about for sale. She's also VERY supportive of my collecting. Gotta love her.

Now, she let me put a complete system in her car for her (yea right, for me) and she's very happy to have it. She now can't stand to not have a sub. I got her her very own Clarion DXZ615,

Clarion CDC665 CD changer, Clarion DPH7500z (which is actually mine),

Memphis 5 1/4" coax's (Soon to make them comps ;) ) in the front,
No pic yet
Kicker Impulse 690i's rear,

Phoenix Gold XS104 sub (for now),

LANZAR Opti160 and Opti150 to power it all.

All in a 2000 Pontiac Grand AM SE

·
Registered
66 Posts
Luckily my current G/F appreciates audio enough that she isn't protesting my upcoming build in my new to me 03 Eclipse using all my old audio equipment from my Trans Am. Only thing i'm doing is build a proper big ported box for my two SA-12's so that I can hit low notes like I have wanted since a long time ago when I had a single IA Death Penalty 12 in a ported box that just hit low low notes like it was no-ones business. I know if I had a proper vehicle that I would be a 15" sub type guy for that exact fact even though I care nothing about sheer SPL and I orient more towards the SQ side of things.

·
Registered
274 Posts
The mark that separates a good wife/girlfriend from a bad one is her ability to accept and tolerate the hobbies/interest you have. In truth its fine that my wife doesnt care one bit about good sounding CA/HA. She makes jewelery, likes shoes and expensive clothing, likes reading and runs marathons.....I dont give a **** about any of that....and....it gives us some time away (while still being the same room) from each other. As much as I love my wife I am glad she isnt into my racing, guns, motorcycles and cooking.....***** would only be in the way anyway (joking).

BTW (*last weekend and just f-ing fine my wife wasnt involved):

BBQ destruction. Part of zombie apocalypse training camp. - YouTube

~JH

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
My girlfriend is a music teacher so I'm slowly getting her into it. Not enough for me to do her car but enough for her to understand how important it is to me. She knows I have have had issues with depression in the past and this is one of the things that helps me so she deals with it. As long as I don't get crazy with it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Good luck with the depression Brian. My wife suffered from it for most of her life,so I know how she feels watching you deal with it . And since she died,I get to know how she felt everyday.. You'll both get through it if you keep working on it like this.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts