DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would u guys consider db drive a top brand in the audio industry, i use it and like it but dont know if its considered one of the top dogs or medium

·
Registered
9,100 Posts
If YOU like it who cares what WE think?
There is a lot of truth to that statement, but there are more things that factor into it, like build quality and reliability. If you like it, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, but that alone doesn't mean it's a quality product.

I don't know anything about those amps, so I can't comment. But if you are really interested in how they compare to other amps, you'll have to clearly define what areas in which you want to compare them. The answer when it comes to amps is that it probably sounds the same as top notch amps from elite companies (this is argued back and forth, but basically a watt is a watt). If you want to know how it compares in other categories, you'll have to be more specific with your question.

Example: I love my PG Xenon amp. How does it compare to say...Genesis? Well it sounds great, has plenty of power, and looks to be built to last. But it's also very big and kinda ugly. When you ask how one product compares to another, you have to address what characteristics are important to YOU.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,287 Posts
Example: I love my PG Xenon amp. How does it compare to say...Genesis? Well it sounds great, has plenty of power, and looks to be built to last. But it's also very big and kinda ugly. When you ask how one product compares to another, you have to address what characteristics are important to YOU.
Good thing I havn't seen my xenons for several months thanks to the amprack being built the way it was:) They are solid performers for sure but feel they add something to the sound. Could be "all in the head":laugh:

To the op my definition of a good amp is most importantly one that you can install and not have to touch for several years. Another quality of a good amp is one that amplifies the sound without adding anything to it. My xenons have somewhat of a "loud" sound to them but was able to work around it. They're reliable and the "added" sound they have doesn't really bother me so they're staying put at least until I trade the truck in.

·
Registered
9,100 Posts
Good thing I havn't seen my xenons for several months thanks to the amprack being built the way it was:) They are solid performers for sure but feel they add something to the sound. Could be "all in the head":laugh:

To the op my definition of a good amp is most importantly one that you can install and not have to touch for several years. Another quality of a good amp is one that amplifies the sound without adding anything to it. My xenons have somewhat of a "loud" sound to them but was able to work around it. They're reliable and the "added" sound they have doesn't really bother me so they're staying put at least until I trade the truck in.
That may be true, but I'm only running one on my subs, so I can't hear any added coloration.

Reliability is just a big thing in my book. I will sacrifice looks and size if I can count on an amp to work for years. I hate to spend all my time building an amp rack to fit a specific amp, and then have to do it all over again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts