DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I have been an oldschool alpine fanatic for 20+ years now.I really like the old school look and quality with the 6 chicklet alpine anniversary 7909 deck and alpine 3321 equalizer,with the sound quality alpine 3544 2 channel amps, 1505 sub amp, and flagshipp alpine paper cone midranges and huge alpine tweeters with spxf17t crossovers,and 5959 sq cd changer.My stereo sounds very good already,but after 20 years I would like more power to all my speakers for more headroom,and for even more clarity at the very high volumes.It says my crossovers are bi-ampable,and by talking to a few good people on these forums,I've figured how to bi-amp the crossovers,but seem to have run into my huge alpine dream stereo finisher.I would like to use nothing but all 2 channel alpine 3544 amplifiers because I really like their sound and ability to stay really clear at high volumes.My problem is,My alpine 3321 equalizer only has one set of rca's for the front out,another for rear out and another for sub out.Instead of one alpine 3544 2 channel amp that is running all my front speakers,I would like to have two 2 channel amps to run all the speakers.I plan to put another alpine two channel 3544 amp to the back speakers as well,and another alpine 1505 amp to run each subwoofer separately.My nightmare comes in the form of since my equalizer only has one set of front outs and I'm definitely using the other outputs on the equalizer,How do I hook up two alpine 3544 2 channel amps for the front and do the same for the rear.I do not want to change my oldschool alpine 2 channel amps,and there are no oldschool 4 channel amps nearly as powerfull and good sounding as the alpine 3544 amplifier.My only thought would be to use an Rca splitter,but have never used those before since each amp always had it's own place to plug into the equalizer.The reason why I still think I'm dead in the water and dream stereo is over because even though I can use an Rca splitter,Won't it cut the the quality amp signal In half and I will lose half of my power and most importantly the sound quality signal will be cut in half as well.I do not want to change any oldschool alpine components or change out my 3 way alpine spxf17t crossovers since I like the sound of everything the way it is.I just want more of the quality delivered from everything stated above.Is my 20+ year old dream stereo destined to die.I didn't want to go to the grave until I had achived this sound quality stereo dream of mine.It is built for myself for the sheer passion and love for very high volume listening levels and extreme clarity and detail at those extreme levels.Will I go to the grave knowing I failed in my quest for my oldschool high volume ,high detail alpine sound quality stereo.Thanks to all who are willing to help me achive this dream.Thank You.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Using a y-adaptor does nothing more than split the signal. Voltage and everything else stay the same.
You could use ten of them and as long as there decent quality and dont allow any induced noise than your good to go.
But honestly you really need some sort of dsp to control your eq and t/a with out that your going to run into some problems.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,When I'm looking to buy y adaptors. What should I be asking for.Should I be calling them RCA Y adaptors or is there another name for them.Also how can you tell if they are quality or junk,Also where should you add the Y adaptor.,Should it be added right at the Front out or rear out on the equalizer.Or should it be added to the RCA cable close to the amp in the trunk.Thanks

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
walmart the scoshe ones shoukd be fine.
You could either split at the deck or in the trunk whichever you want to go with.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
For the price that you could find an old school alpine xo and eq, I would look at them. 3656 was the model (I think) from my setup of 20 years ago ;)

Combined, they should solve many of your concerns.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,I already have the alpine equalizer and crossovers mounted in my car and am happy with the sound quality.I do not want to change any components.I just want to run double the amps for more headroom and clarity. Thanks

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Which xo do you have?

This is what I am talking about:

Car Audio Classifieds

It would give you the capability you are asking for...

Edit: aha! Now I see you are running passive crossovers. The y splitters are going to be your plug n play fix

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, It sounds like the answer to this problem will be the Female RCA that branches out into 2 male RCA outputs.A couple of people I have talked to said,that my worries about losing power from either amp since I am splitting the signal won't happen, and I also won't lose any high end sound quality.Is this the 100% truth.I,d hate to give up any sound quality or volume,since that's what I am installing the other amps for. Thanks

·
Registered
238 Posts
If you can find an AudioControl Master Volume Control, that would be the best - two RCA's in...6 out...with lots of voltage: total control!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Hi, It sounds like the answer to this problem will be the Female RCA that branches out into 2 male RCA outputs.A couple of people I have talked to said,that my worries about losing power from either amp since I am splitting the signal won't happen, and I also won't lose any high end sound quality.Is this the 100% truth.I,d hate to give up any sound quality or volume,since that's what I am installing the other amps for. Thanks
When you split rcas you dont lose anything at all. no voltage no nothing.
Its not like ohms at all votlage will be the same and so will the sound.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks to all the repliers to my thread that have come to my rescue.It sounds like this dream stereo will happen after all.For a passionate hardcore high volume SQ guy,this means everything to me.When winter ends here,I will start the old school alpine SQ stereo.Thanks to you guys.,it will be a old school alpine 12 component speaker,surround sound 2200 RMS watt stereo.I already have the semi alternator and two huge caps ready to supply the power. I Just need to install the 3 old school alpine amplifiers and upgrade the power and ground wires to thicker,better welding cable and find a mounting place for the other 3 amps and I will be good to go.My only other dream was to be able to install this stereo into a sports type car that is old school like the stereo that has a hatchback or some place in the back, that I can install my 12 inch subwoofers out in the open so I can physically see and touch them.I had a hatchback years earlier and was able to get fuller sound from the subwoofers being in the wide open space.It doesn't half to be a car with a hatchback.,It just has to have the room to install the 12 inch subs in the wide open spaces. I'm looking for a sporty looking car from the 50's right up to say the end of the 80's that has a real frame,and looks real classy and sporty.Wouldn't hurt if they were going for next to nothing,since they were an older car.I don't know much about cars,Do any of you guys have any ideas on what might fit the bill.Has to have a place where two 12 inch subwoofers can fit in the back where I can physically see and touch them,and space besides them to install the 6 1/2 inch mid and tweeters.,and look sporty and classy,and I will be a happy camper.That essentially will finish the dream stereo.Thanks again to all the repliers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts