DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building an active setup with either a dsp mini or a P Six dsp mk2 that comes with a helix director, which I'm unfamiliar with.

Is the Helix director needed, or at least provide valuable functionality? It looks like it can control main volume and act as a bass knob, as well as preset eq settings to choose from? Worth the price?

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
That is totally personal preference. If you are the type that constantly tweaks their system then i might say yes. Another option is the WIFI control module and phone app. Pretty much does the same thing for less. Still screwing with mine. Let you know what I find out...

Ge0

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is totally personal preference. If you are the type that constantly tweaks their system then i might say yes. Another option is the WIFI control module and phone app. Pretty much does the same thing for less. Still screwing with mine. Let you know what I find out...

Ge0
Thanks. I wasn't sure if it was something that was really necessary. Without it, would you would need a separate bass knob and pretty much have to pull out your laptop to change to a different eq preset?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm building an active setup with either a dsp mini or a P Six dsp mk2 that comes with a helix director, which I'm unfamiliar with.

Is the Helix director needed, or at least provide valuable functionality? It looks like it can control main volume and act as a bass knob, as well as preset eq settings to choose from? Worth the price?
Totally not worth it, dont waste your time trying to install the Director... Instead, since its coming with the PSix, just throw it up here for sale super cheap and message me when you do :)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I have had a director... ok... but once the changing of sound setups loses its appeal and the rotary encoder wears out I soon went to a urc.3, you can select what the switch does, ie swap between two sound setups or sources, I have it for 2 sound setups and main and sub volume on the two pots 👍🏼 Directors are a gimmick that can look pretty... but there’s something satisfying about a urc.3 and a twirly knob 😎

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I have had a director... ok... but once the changing of sound setups loses its appeal and the rotary encoder wears out I soon went to a urc.3, you can select what the switch does, ie swap between two sound setups or sources, I have it for 2 sound setups and main and sub volume on the two pots 👍🏼 Directors are a gimmick that can look pretty... but there’s something satisfying about a urc.3 and a twirly knob 😎
Agree. I prefer the URC.3 as well. The KISS approach.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agree. I prefer the URC.3 as well. The KISS approach.
This is the answer I was looking for. Thanks guys, I'll stick with the URC.3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts