DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than a laser that I can't afford? I want to put my IB15s to the test and meter them but unlike most people, I want to do it at 20 and 30hz. I don't think I have enough power to hurt them with 250-275w each at most. As of now, the only plan is to run a test tone and eyeball them but it would be nice to be a little more accurate. I'm pretty sure the suspension will reel them in before they bottom but I don't want to rely on that obviously.

FWIW, according to WinISD, in a 15 cube "enclosure", excursion at 20hz and 275w is 19mm which happens to be xmax. If I put it in a 1,000' enclosure it shows 26mm excursion which is 1mm over xmech. I think I will be very safe with the available power but I want to be sure.

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
Other than a laser that I can't afford? I want to put my IB15s to the test and meter them but unlike most people, I want to do it at 20 and 30hz. I don't think I have enough power to hurt them with 250-275w each at most. As of now, the only plan is to run a test tone and eyeball them but it would be nice to be a little more accurate. I'm pretty sure the suspension will reel them in before they bottom but I don't want to rely on that obviously.

FWIW, according to WinISD, in a 15 cube "enclosure", excursion at 20hz and 275w is 19mm which happens to be xmax. If I put it in a 1,000' enclosure it shows 26mm excursion which is 1mm over xmech. I think I will be very safe with the available power but I want to be sure.
If you want to be sure, don't check the excursion and check the distortion = mic + software

Kelvin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts