DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to eq the inputs on the helix dsp.3 and sum both inputs together. Is there a bypass button also?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yes there is a way to sum inputs, in the IO screen click and drag the inputs that you want summed to each individual output channel. Right click will remove any unwanted inputs from that output. Each input and each output can be renamed to suit your system design.

When you are done with the basic IO setup, click on the little EQ symbol at the top right of the screen, this will take you to the input screen, where you can sum, invert, eq(including all pass filters and shelf filters), and apply delay. There is an RTA for the inputs so you can see the signal and the effects of combining signals and of the adjustments you are making. Once you are satisfied with the signal you can select what output channel that issuing to and store it to that output. You can then change those same controls and send the signals to another output.

It is by far the most advanced input stage I have seen on any processor.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes there is a way to sum inputs, in the IO screen click and drag the inputs that you want summed to each individual output channel. Right click will remove any unwanted inputs from that output. Each input and each output can be renamed to suit your system design.

When you are done with the basic IO setup, click on the little EQ symbol at the top right of the screen, this will take you to the input screen, where you can sum, invert, eq(including all pass filters and shelf filters), and apply delay. There is an RTA for the inputs so you can see the signal and the effects of combining signals and of the adjustments you are making. Once you are satisfied with the signal you can select what output channel that issuing to and store it to that output. You can then change those same controls and send the signals to another output.

It is by far the most advanced input stage I have seen on any processor.
How do i sum input a and input b together to eq them both at the same time, just like you can do with the mini dsp.

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
Click, drag, and drop from the left side to the line at the bottom of the RTA.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That did not sum them together, I dragged them to under input signal analyzer.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Did you sum them in the IO screen? Once you do that you can combine them in the IO EQ screen, adjust, then send the adjusted signal to the output channel you select on the right side of the screen.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you sum them in the IO screen? Once you do that you can combine them in the IO EQ screen, adjust, then send the adjusted signal to the output channel you select on the right side of the screen.
I guess I dont know how to sum them on the i/o screen.

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
Then read post #2

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im confused here... I guess you cant link the a and b input channel as you can with the minidsp. Also there is no bypass button for the input eq... They must have taken this away with one of the updates because I remember doing this on the helix somehow before.

·
Registered
455 Posts
You can link any inputs you want to any outputs you want.

If you want to bypass the input eq, don't use it.

·
Registered
18,500 Posts
Lol. Doug, back so soon?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha thanks for everyone help.... lol

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You can link any inputs you want to any outputs you want.

If you want to bypass the input eq, don't use it.
Not sure why you said that, I want a bypass so when I test it with rew I dont need to adjust all the sliders on the eq and everything....

·
Registered
455 Posts
If you want the electrical signal you are using for the system to be flat, use the input EQ and RTA to flatten it out. If you want to use REW to check the acoustic response of an unequalized signal and compare the input signals between equalized and unequalized electrical signals run the two signals to different channels and swap RCAs?

I don't recall there ever being a bypass on the input EQ, but I may be wrong.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Or just create two different "profiles" - one with input EQ enabled and one with it disabled. Then you can instantly and easily switch back and forth as needed - a roundabout way of having an input EQ "bypass". :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts