DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Is there something better out there for my application?

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  demon2091tb 
#1 ·
I'm having a pretty iffy delima on my hands here. I'm looking for a crossover/EQ unit and i'm stuck on the DCX2496, but i'm afraind eventually if i go 3way frontstage then i won't have any EQ or anything for my sub, which i would actually like to have. Price is decent on ebay for one of them, still a little high IMO, but my opinion really dosent count on the prices, i just have to go with it if i want it.

Is there anything out there that is just as good, but has 4way ability, basically 3way and sub outs? I will be using stock HU to keep install looking stock as possible.

Will start 2way frontstage and eventually go 3way if i feel the need. Would like to get equipment that i can use forever in theory.

So what am i looking at......a brick wall....or a light at the end of the tunnel? Will be time in the next few weeks to commit to a unit and hopefully be happy.

RF symetry EPX 2 looks fairly decent if i can find a EQ28 unit as well.

Well?

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Well i basically have all the amps that i need for now, With the exception of a later upgrade if i go 3way up front, that amp being a sub amp, so i can do 4ch on tweet and midrange, 2 ch on midbass, then whatever sub amp.

Only thing keeping me from being able to use the 4ch active right now is that channels A & B can neither be bandpassed, only my 2ch has bandpass abilities in the onboard crossover.

Not really sure what your meaning with an amp with onboard para EQ.....Didn't think they made those? Got any examples? Sorry for my ignorance.

Discussion starter · #6 ·
I may just do that, So i would basically hook up the 2496 like normal 3 outs then say like on my Midbass out put the 2way crossover on that out before the amps and then break it off like that?

That make sense? Is that what you were saying to do?

Also contemplating the purchase of a used IDMAX 12d2v3, how are these subs?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.