DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Lexus Ct200h Fsport
933 Posts
I think its legit price considering that I am now seeing some dnx8120 go for about 900 or a lil bit more brand new. online dealer pricing. The deal is the dnx8120 is being replaced by the 9140. I have a dnx8120 I love it to death have not had a problem but the price seems to be ok to me.

·
Registered
336 Posts
With that feedback, it's pretty much a safe bet. If it doesn't break within 90 days chances are it's fine and not a lemon. 100% on 5000+ items is some superb (for me--unheard of) service. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from that seller.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is either buy from this seller or probably by new for $1139 at onlinecarstereo. Anywhere else that sells them new for cheaper?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I sent the seller an email and this was his response: THEY WERE REFURBISHED AND BOUGHT FROM KENWOOD THOUGH SO THEY MAY HAVE THE NEW UPDATE. NO WAY TO TELL UNTIL SOMEONE INSTALLS ONE.

Does the fact that they were bought refurbished from Kenwood make this any better?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just so you know, not all factory refurbs are actually refurbished. If a manufacturer takes an "open" return on a unit, whether it was defective, broken, unused, slightly used but working...etc...if they want to sell it they are required to sell it as a refurbished unit.

and

Even if it is refurbished, these factory refurbished units go through the exact same testing as new units before they are deemed fit to resell

·
Registered
2016 Lexus Ct200h Fsport
933 Posts
It is either buy from this seller or probably by new for $1139 at onlinecarstereo. Anywhere else that sells them new for cheaper?
If you look at kenwoods website for online authorized dealers look on all there web pages and look to see which has the cheapest dnx8120 for so you still get a 2 yr warranty. I bought my bnib dnx8120 for 1200 shipped last june or july. I might be interested in selling my dnx8120 if your interested if the price is right that is.....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would it be better to just purchase the 8120 from Crutchfield because it comes with the full warranty and installation kits?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts