DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
2019 VW Jetta GLI
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recieved a PM the other day from someone responding to my post looking for IB318's. His name on here is Daniel Peterson. He has no other posts. He told me to email him about the subs so I did just to see what he actually had to show. Obviously I know that's the first red flag, someone with no history here, so I'm asking the questions about his product. He sends me photos of the subs, says he has 3. I ask him the ohm and he responds with this...

(It's in x2 fi audio UFO version IB 18" SVC 20hm subs.
Where are you located?
What your best offer for it?

Many thanks)

UFO version??? Is that a thing!? Should I just assume this is a scammer? As thirsty as I am to get my hands on these considering they are out of stock and nearly immpossible to get any realistic info on when they might be in production again, I am deff not going to throw my money away willingly. Anyone else with experience doing a deal with someone who has no history on here? I also cant help but notice some of the grammatical errors such as... "I'm located At Massachusetts", "I have three of it", "with a good working conditions". Scammer right?

Super Moderator
You a gambler? I would not buy from someone in the scenario you have listed...

tell him "your best offer" is that he sends them to you to evaluate BEFORE any payment is made...

Registered
2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali
As much as you want these - I wouldn鈥檛 risk it.

Registered
Can't comment anything about the guy, but UFO version is definitely a thing regarding FI subs. It refers to the look of the magnet assembly on the older style drivers. Looks like a flying saucer, at least according to old B-movies ;)

Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Bumper Kitchen appliance Gas

Registered
2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
I could be wrong but I believe the UFO magnet was a couple years before the IB3's were offered. The 4 - 15" IB3's he built for me were just released at the time and that was 2009. I also don't recall the IB3's coming in a SVC flavor.
This was a long time ago and I am not an authority on Fi. However I agree with everyone else "run Forest run".

Registered
2019 VW Jetta GLI
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea.. I'm just entertaining myself at this point with him. Without me even making an offer he says he will let them go for 150$ each. How many do I want and do I want them insured send my info...馃お. It's like when u get one of those calls from the "social security fraud dept"... from Abdul Patel asking for my social and debit info so he can secure my identity!

Human (not a robot)
No

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.