DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Outback 2.5i

looking for a spot to pass the power cable through. i read everything i could on it and am wondering if this is an appropriate spot. looks it says "H7" on it.

any help is appreciated!

(posting this elsewhere hoping for a quick reply. thanks in advance!)

Attachments

·
jtaudioacc
1,952 Posts
Re: is this the firewall grommet? semi urgent! (photo attached)

looks like a clutch cover plate. meaning, it's not a grommet, but a piece of metal with rubber over it. but yes, you can use it, will have to drill a hole into it and grommet it still like any other area of the firewall.

from the inside, you should be able to see a couple nuts to loosen if you wish to pull the whole thing out and drill it in a vise or something.

edit:
ooops, i just noticed it's on the wrong side of the brake booster. still looks like something similar. either way, just make sure you're clear on both sides and drill a hole.

·
Registered
3 Posts
if you have not tried to put a power wire in yet, if you look under the dash, just up by the brake pedal, you may see a round rubber grommet on the firewall. you should be able to just stick your finger through it to get it out. since the outback shares a lot of the body features as a impreza, that grommet should be there. and the wire will basically come out right where the bottom of the heads are

1 - 4 of 4 Posts