DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is only a stop gap until the audiofrog 8” come out. I’m running the hybrid u69s 2ohm right now. I just thought I would give the 4ohm full version a go.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe. I’m picking it up from audio x on Monday. Just had a full trunk build as well as tune and pillars done. Steve keeps telling me I’m not going to want to change anything but we will see. I told him those frogs were going in one way or the other but he just laughed it off. I’ll take a look at those 8’s you have though and check fitment

·
Registered
50 Posts
This is only a stop gap until the audiofrog 8” come out. I’m running the hybrid u69s 2ohm right now. I just thought I would give the 4ohm full version a go.
How do you like the 2 ohm u69s? I'm def looking forward to the 8" frog but it being d2 means I'll have to upgrade power unless a d4 version is released.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are nice no doubt. Before I had them I had gb60’s. The rest of my system is audiofrog gb series. For some reason I wanted to see what 6x9’s could do. That’s what my stock is. The gb60’s pounded but there is something about the extra cone area that I like.

·
Registered
50 Posts
They are nice no doubt. Before I had them I had gb60’s. The rest of my system is audiofrog gb series. For some reason I wanted to see what 6x9’s could do. That’s what my stock is. The gb60’s pounded but there is something about the extra cone area that I like.
I hear you about the cone area. Its most likely the u69s 2 ohm or sa mb-8 2 ohm at this point.

Reactions: adrian s

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Absolutely. The best I’ve heard yet as far as midbass are the morel 9’s. Scott Brazelton’s car has them and it’s ridiculous. Strongest midbass I’ve ever heard by a long shot

·
Registered
53 Posts
Absolutely. The best I’ve heard yet as far as midbass are the morel 9’s. Scott Brazelton’s car has them and it’s ridiculous. Strongest midbass I’ve ever heard by a long shot
I currently have Audio Development W800’s and I am very pleased, they are also midbass monsters, I have yet to hear the Morels

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The neo’s were at the top of my list. I even purchased some but they wouldn’t fit. It wasn’t the depth , it was the basket shape. That’s why I’m hoping the af 8’s will fit. They have a basket that looks very Accommodating for my install. But yes I’ve heard great things about those w800’s

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Don’t bother swapping between the u69s and the u69... if installed in a door or IB they're very similar, I have just done the same swap but only so I can run my sub off the z150.6ap and use an st-4 sq bridged on my midbass As the st4 isn’t two ohm stable when bridged 👍🏼
I would always take a little extra power on midbass so 2ohm wins if my amp would take it

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my C four does 220 @2ohm and 440 @4ohm bridged. Steve just basically said the same and he’s tuning it right now so I’ll probably stick with the 2ohm. I was just basically trying to see if the extra power would help or not.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts