DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm working on a new budget build for my room mate and am using a spare Helix Pro mkii at the moment (yeah I see the oxymoron in using a dsp pro on a budget build lol). I've never used one of the HEC BT modules and I'm sort of stumped here. Whenever I sync his phone up it plays great, no issues what so ever. The problem comes in when the car is turned off. Whenever he turns the car back on, the module doesn't sync up at all. So I plug in the laptop and press reconnect and viola it works again. Am I missing something here to have the phone reconnect without the use of the laptop to tell the Helix to do so? Or is that just how this module works? Thanks in advance for the help guys!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
You’d normally tell your phone to connect automatically, that’s how bt works, once it sees the amp/hec power on it connects

·
Registered
455 Posts
Do you have the HEC BT card set as priority and switching set to automatic by signal detection?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe so, but I'll check when I get home. Those are the settings in the signal management section of the DCM menu correct?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ill take a screenshot later but it looks like ive had all of those options in and still nothing. I get a connection like I did before but still no output until i manually press reconnect on the laptop. I was also having an issue with the remote wire output before, it just wouldnt turn on the amps at all even with signal going in from the BT or the headunit. So at the moment I am just using the same remote wire of the HU that is turning on the dsp to also turn on the amp, just bypassing the remote out function of the DSP. not sure if that may have some weird correlation to it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts