DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been having an issue with one channel of my stereo which results in the channel staying at what sounds like preamp level. The right component set just plays extremely quietly as if the amp is doing nothing. I rearranged the crossovers to try to determine where the actual problem lies and found that whatever input and output, the crossover from the channel was causing the problem. After this i got another crossover and when i hooked the problem was still there. Besides rearranging things ive also checked the fuses on the amp and they were fine. Any experience with a problem like this would be great so i know what to focus on. If not I will probably proceed to try a bunch of other rear arranging hopefully locating anything else that is faulty.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Have you tried running without the Xover to see if it chould be prior to it, like an RCA or the HU? I mean if you replaced the crossover and still had the problem, one would think it's ahead of that component.. ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think this weekend i will pull the hu and switch to the other RCA since i have 6 channels from front to back but only use 4 for the front and sub. I just think its strange that it would do it on whatever channel i connected that one crossover to, using either the left or right outputs from the amp.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well after an extensive disassembly and testing session we have determined that whatever the right channel tweeter (initially broken channel) is connected to is messed up. Essentially connecting this tweeter to any of the crossovers with any amp and woofer results in no sound out of the tweeter, and extremely muddy low power sound out of the woofer. :rolleyes:

Any explanation of what may be wrong with the tweeter to cause such a thing to the entire channel would be helpful so i can decide what to do next.

Just for reference the set in question is a MB Quart QSC 216, which has been running on 200 watts rms per channel for probably a couple years now successfully.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts