DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Banned
2016 Lexus Ct200h Fsport
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What was done to it?
Upgraded dac to Ess 9038pro

modded case for venting due to heat excess from dac. Name engraved. I am gonna assume others will get the same treatment with there upgrade. I was number#4 in line for the upgrade but I paid for mine so long ago but chip shortages and Covid held a lot of delays

· Banned
2016 Lexus Ct200h Fsport
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine should be soon. Hurray
it’s a noticeable sound change from the ak4458. I use everything off the usb sometimes I play off YouTube or pandora but mainly to find music names then I’ll download them. The es9038pro is amazing man logically the better your amps and speakers the better it will sound. Even my 16bit wave files have increased in sq vocals and instruments. I don’t even have my car system deadened at all. Of course tuning can fix a lot of issues but this dac took some trouble areas I had issues with out putting any acoustic in fixing it for me. That said it can’t fix it spl I’ll still need to cover areas to block reflections.

Reactions: GB4runner

· Banned
2016 Lexus Ct200h Fsport
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Does the case come back modded from Zapco like that? Or is that extra cost?
Mine came back like that as far as extra cost ? 🤷‍♂️ I was told to give them money and I did i assume I paid for the cover but the work was probably done as part of the dac upgrade

Reactions: crxsir121

· Banned
2016 Lexus Ct200h Fsport
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Is that per 8channels? I've got the 16ch dsp, thats a lot of coin...
Yes it is. Blame Covid and silicon chip shortages it might be $700 per chip but I had to pay shipping to them so idk anymore. But I know I sent them around that much money. Idk if there is a waiting list still since chip shortages or they had a big batch come thru you would have to email zapco about that one. I would say wait but I doubt price will change much just because the way the world is.

turn around time was about 2-3 weeks for me and it takes about 5 - 7 business days each way from where I am though. So the work was done in a speedy time. And it slightly barely gets warm when my hand was on the mesh grill after playing for 3 hours continuously. It took about 7-8 hours of continuous heavy play for it to get a small little hot?

Reactions: crxsir121
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.