DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've had my current set up for a couple of months and haven't been a huge fan of all the wiring associated with having 2 amps. Not to mention the huge amount of real estate the 2ch and mono amp take up. Let me tell you about my current set up. It's all in a 2003 Tahoe.

I have a avh-p4200dvd HU now and that's not going anywhere. I disconnected the Bose amp and rear speakers for now.
RCAs out to a nine.2 and nine.1 amps. I also have a nine.4 I want(ed) to used when/if I get an MS-8.

The front speakers are ppi Sedona comps. They were ok but the nine.2 can output 100w. So I got a killer deal on a set of MM6501s. I'm going to put those in next.

The subs are 2 12" eD 13Av2's. They sound awesome but I had bought 2 10" type r's I had planned to use in a ported box.

Here's where I seek advice. I REALLY want to try out the MS-8 but have no room to add an additional component underneath the rear seats. I want it to be super clean under there when I pop the seat to show off. Lol

I was thinking of getting rid of the 3 elemental designs amps and picking up a massive nx5 or the hifonics Zeus amp. Then I can put the MS8 in and connect it to the 5ch amp. Run the center an rears off the MS8 and bi amp the fronts and run the subs. I really like the size of the nx series of amps and could add a second for rear duty and lose very little room.

I also have been reading a lot about the 8" type-r's and thought I may give them a try. Are they better than their 10" counterpart? If not I'll just keep the 10s and port them.

I've been out of the game for a bit and I see why. It's a never ending cycle!!

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
I have little advice to give other than you will probably be happier with a different amp like the JL HD900/5. It seems like the Massive amps seem to overheat and don't make rated power.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts