Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Product Brand & Model:

Rare Vintage Savard 12 Dual isobaric power box

Condition of all items:

Excellent

Total Price: :

$150 + actual shipping

Shipping Terms: :

You're welcome to send a call tag from your carrier, or pay for shipping from me sending through USPS parcel post @ whatever cost.

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Is it just me or does that date seem to be off by about 10 years? Maybe I'm reading it wrong... Is it 09-09-2002 or 09-09-1992?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Dang! I haven't heard/seen the Savard name in ages.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Holy crap, I want sooooo baddddd.

Isokit + Port = Crazy low bass at low wattage.

Dimentions for those that are interested.

GLWS, I wish you where near by so I could pick it up. I can imagine shipping fees.

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Holy crap, I want sooooo baddddd.

Isokit + Port = Crazy low bass at low wattage.

Dimentions for those that are interested.

GLWS, I wish you where near by so I could pick it up. I can imagine shipping fees.
Actually not super bad on shipping $40-ish means it can be had for under $200 shipped.

Still hope nobody buys it though. Lol. When are you EVER going to see another? I mean some things are like Bigfoot in this hobby, Savard is one of them. And a complete unmolested sub box that's not scratched to hell on the original paint? Never again, once in a lifetime.

Actually I might not sell this. Lol.

·
Registered
156 Posts
What power can this box handle, in all honesty?

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What power can this box handle, in all honesty?
You might as well say none because the entire point Of bills design on this box being Iso and tune port was to slam crazy output on damn near no wattage. When these boxes were sold they were sold alongside the autotek 66 as the perfect match....... Which I have here too :D

At this second I have it on a Fultron mx200 at 4 ohms (75 rms per channel) and it's tearing the roof off the place.

Forgive the quick setup.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I would give each sub 75-100 watts.

·
Registered
156 Posts
That's kinda what I thought. I love that equipment, but I'm running WAY too much power for it ROFL :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
If I wasn't bringing my old Velodyne to my new work office, I'd throw this beast in there.

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It has only JUST occurred to me that I have every issue of CA&E, AS&S, and CSR...... I uh.... could just go look it up and get all the specs and price in the buyers guide. LOL!

.........Derp.

·
Registered
156 Posts
It has only JUST occurred to me that I have every issue of CA&E, AS&S, and CSR...... I uh.... could just go look it up and get all the specs and price in the buyers guide. LOL!

.........Derp.
LOL! Is that Sabre in the pic the same one you had for sale a short while back?

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I never had the Sabre for sale. It's useless to sell them when they are only $25.

On that date question earlier, I dunno why the box has that date on it, or if I am even reading it correctly, but Savard ceased to be a functioning vendor and listed in the CA&E buyers guide as of 1996 (their last year).

This box is from 1994, it's called a ISOBARIC 12. You can read it's specs below.

A retail of $349, 0-450 watts (I'd never drive that to them). By old school rule of thumb this box is worth it's retail being rare, vintage, almost mint, and desirable.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts