DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I don't know how dumb this question is, but I couldn't find the answer from searching around (so if it is out there maybe I am the dumb one).

I have the Alpine IVA-W505 with the Blackbird II PMD-B200. On the BB, it uses an MCX Antenna Connector. However, it appears the 'GPS Antenna' connector on the W505 is not the same type of connector (it is number 14 in the illustration of the W505 owners manual). What type of connector is on the back of the W505? And is there any sort of converter from an MCX to the whatever type connector on the W505?? I really hope the answer isn't that it is a 'proprietary Alpine' connector.

Thanks,
offset

·
Registered
183 Posts
I don't know if it is exactly the same but I have a W205 and I had to get an external antenna for my BBII and it was a BNC connector. There are some differences between the 205 and 505 so they may have changed it. I would search ebay for "IVA W505 GPS antenna" thats what i did for my 205. Hope this helps.

Edit: Forgot to mention, try pacparts.com and see if they have one. They usually have stuff like that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts