DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who listens to the song Jailhouse by Sublime? Do you **** your pants when Brad sings? I do. :eek::surprised::blush::confused::D

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Oh HELL yes! I don't have bowel problems, but I hear you cluckin'. Probably favorite Sublime song next to "Get Ready". It's a tough tough choice between Brad Nowell and Layne Staley for male vocalists from the 90's. Aaaah! But the dude could blow so effortlessly though, damn. RIP. This thread is all win. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
751 Posts
Longtimer fan of Sublime... Like, I heard them before Brad died... before they were big, even... 40 oz to Freedom -personal fave... I don't **** my pants though!

·
Registered
751 Posts
I've got Sublime Gold... Didn't like it after I got my system going, but I don't think I gave it a chance to listin after I started tuning... (I got sucked into the Focal Demos).
My favorite thing to do was blast "Riot" when driving by the Cops... think they actually enjoy it.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
My copy of that album sucks....I wish I had a clean copy. I'll probably go by it one day.
May only be one of a few albums I've purchased more than once in my life. Had a party in college and someone ganked it from me. Next copy got destroyed sliding around under my seats. I just bought it again at Target here recently on the $9.99 rack. If you don't own this album, I cannot look you in the eye and refuse to speak to you. It's just that simple. :surprised:

Use the opening bassline in "Caress Me Down" for door panel vibration all the time. The song always wins, too.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I love sublime. The good ones always die too soon. Not really the same genre but I'm a huge Blind Melon fan too. Damn Overdoses!

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I listend to the whole album when I was younger. Pulled it out the other day just for a listen and was so totally blown away especially by that song. Gave me chills like he was in the room. I wonder how they recorded it. Some of the earlier stuff is really funny, like the one with the insane madman rantings in between songs(I forget). Always loved "Badfish" and "Smoke two joints" as well.

·
Registered
343 Posts
DJ's is another good one. Scarlet Begonia's

·
Registered
343 Posts
Pool shark and pool shark acoustic....man I could go on and on ....

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
never heard of em....:p
With the same tweeters, no doubt. What are your xover settings for them? I've got mine at like 6k, they sound great like that for some reason.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Spring and Fall is "Sublime Weather" for me... funny how it's springtime, and you're feeding the binge!

·
Registered
455 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
That is funny, I was just listening to this on my way back to the office

1 - 20 of 23 Posts