Jasper Jig, Router Buddy, or other?

• Router Buddy

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am unsure if this is the correct forum. But anyway I was looking at the Jasper Jig combo and the Router Buddy on PE. I know I could make my own jig, but I figured I was wiling to pay for convenience.

I recently bought a Porter 690LR. I have never used a router before but I am willing to learn through trial and error. Who has used these jigs and has an opinion. The RB is $20 bucks more than the Jasper 400/200 combo, but that is not my main concern. Ease of use, accuracy, and quality/durability are my main concerns.

I plan to use this mainly for baffles with speaker cutouts from 2-12 inches give or take.

Which jig? Jasper, RB, or other?

·
Registered
46 Posts
At $20 more isn't that double a jasper? I can't remember how much they cost been awhile since I bought mine. For my 2 cents I like my Jasper just fine. My only complaint is making sure you get it in the right hole (my eyes aren't so good I guess).

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have not used the Router Buddy, but I have both of the Jasper Jigs and can vouch for them. Easy to use and yield very good results.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By the way the Jasper 200/400 combo is on sale for $39 at PE. I think I will go ahead and order tomorrow.

·
Registered
115 Posts
+1 Jasper...although be careful because they can be easily broken!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts