DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

441 - 460 of 476 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Version 5.4 is now available.

Updates:
Rebuilt the 2-way and 3-way crossover sheets with more advanced formulas. You can now choose up to 8th-order Butterworth and Linkwitz-Riley crossovers.
Justin, Thank you again for this.

Using it now and for some reason it is not generating a text file for the mid-bass on the 3-way?

·
Wave Shepherd
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #442
Shoot I didn't adjust that part. Thanks for the reminder.

In the meantime you can cheat it by exporting twice and changing the midrange frequencies to be your midbass driver for one of the exports.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Thanks Justin! Now when you help me tune my truck this fall we have even more tools to work with ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Version 5.4 is now available.

---> download version 5.4 from my dropbox right here <---

Updates:
Rebuilt the 2-way and 3-way crossover sheets with more advanced formulas. You can now choose up to 8th-order Butterworth and Linkwitz-Riley crossovers.

I had an issue when exporting the curves..... I used White-Ledge, entered my crossover points, then exported to my hard-drive. The Mid-base-xxx-xxx.txt file is missing. Also, I got an error when using "House-Curve" ... error on line 94, and gave me an option to go into edit mode...

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I had an issue when exporting the curves..... I used White-Ledge, entered my crossover points, then exported to my hard-drive. The Mid-base-xxx-xxx.txt file is missing. Also, I got an error when using "House-Curve" ... error on line 94, and gave me an option to go into edit mode...
There is a work-around to get the midbass target text file while Justin updates the spreadsheet:
Set up the midrange on the 3way tab with the freqs/slopes of your planned midbass, export the files - find the midrange one and rename it as the midbass.

·
Wave Shepherd
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #446
I fixed the Midbass file not being created on the 3-way sheet. Please download version 5.4 again.

For the error on line 94, try using the updated version 5.4 and if you get an error again please take a screenshot of the error message and then follow any prompt you get to debug or edit and take a screenshot of the code that is highlighted or that the program points you to.

~JZ

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Justin, have a hopefully quick question that I was wondering if you ran across in your acoustic studies. I’m trying to figure out the name of the phenomena of a bigger driver having more impact. I’ve tried this with various sized midbass drivers and larger drivers have more impact (feel in chest) than smaller drivers playing at he same output level. I’ve attributed this to larger drivers not having to move as far and snap the air more while smaller drivers have to use more excursion and push the air more. I’ve known about this for years and it has always bugged me that I don’t know the physics behind it and what it is called. And if you’d rather I start a new thread,I will do that. Thank you. :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Its saving the Mid-base file now.. but I am still getting an error when using the Custom dropdown, well now called the House Curve.

Attachments

·
Wave Shepherd
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #449
Yikes, who made this thing? Must have been me trying to get it done fast instead of good. I see the problem and I'll fix it next. Thank you for the screenshots, they are perfect.

·
Wave Shepherd
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #450
While I'm at it, does anyone have a feature request? It's been a while since I've worked on this project and now that I'm on a roll this would be a good time to make this tool a little better. It could be something like "I want two custom curves to play with" or "the time alignment sheet is clunky and challenging to read" or something. I feel capable of a lot more after taking some acoustics classes so it might maybe be fun to try something I felt was too hard in the past.

·
Registered
515 Posts
While I'm at it, does anyone have a feature request? It's been a while since I've worked on this project and now that I'm on a roll this would be a good time to make this tool a little better. It could be something like "I want two custom curves to play with" or "the time alignment sheet is clunky and challenging to read" or something. I feel capable of a lot more after taking some acoustics classes so it might maybe be fun to try something I felt was too hard in the past.
Feature request 1: Allow microphone input
Feature request 2: Tie that into RTA and a DSP
Feature request 3: 6x120 amplifier
Feature request 4: Auto tune all of it for us like dirac live....

Not too hard to implement right ;)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Could you implement the BCAE wire calculators for size based on length and wattage stuff? I don't know how hard that would be, but it would be cool.

WIRE

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
Just wanted to pop in to add my "thanks" for all the work Justin has done on this spreadsheet. Such a cool and helpful tool.

Also for Justin or anyone else in the area, MECA West Coast Regional Finals is this weekend in Riverside. I know it is a long drive, but it would be a good opportunity to hang out with a lot of car audio nerds and hear some great cars. If you aren't otherwise occupied, consider making the drive.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I've got a reasonable feature request:
Add the AudioFrog house curve as a built-in selectable curve, with some smoothing so it's not stair stepped like the original.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Add the AudioFrog house curve as a built-in selectable curve, with some smoothing so it's not stair stepped like the original.
Were mine unreasonable???? :confused: :p

I just know Justin and I both dream of an amp that can do that and be super easy on the end user part. Kind of like the kicker key combined with dirac live and a beautiful 6 channel amp......only better!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Were mine unreasonable???? :confused:

I just know Justin and I both dream of an amp that can do that and be super easy on the end user part. Kind of like the kicker key combined with dirac live and a beautiful 6 channel amp......only better!
Not really, I just thought mine would be quicker to implement. :)

·
Wave Shepherd
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #457 (Edited)
Version 5.5 is now available.

---> download version 5.5 from my dropbox right here <---

Updates:
-Rebuilt the 2-way and 3-way crossover sheets with more advanced formulas. You can now choose up to 8th-order Butterworth and Linkwitz-Riley crossovers.
-Rewrote VBA code for the house curve crossover sheets to make it easier to maintain
-Added feature to Power Wire and Fuses sheet to highlight the recommended row to make it easier to read.

·
Wave Shepherd
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #458
Justin, have a hopefully quick question that I was wondering if you ran across in your acoustic studies. I’m trying to figure out the name of the phenomena of a bigger driver having more impact. I’ve tried this with various sized midbass drivers and larger drivers have more impact (feel in chest) than smaller drivers playing at he same output level. I’ve attributed this to larger drivers not having to move as far and snap the air more while smaller drivers have to use more excursion and push the air more. I’ve known about this for years and it has always bugged me that I don’t know the physics behind it and what it is called. And if you’d rather I start a new thread,I will do that. Thank you. :)
Sorry dgage, I do not know a name for what you are describing. If you figure it out, please tell me :)

·
Wave Shepherd
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #459
Have you tried using the custom column to to make this?

Feature request 1: Allow microphone input
Feature request 2: Tie that into RTA and a DSP
Feature request 3: 6x120 amplifier
Feature request 4: Auto tune all of it for us like dirac live....
Not too hard to implement right ;)
Doesn't sound too bad. I'll see what I can do.

Could you implement the BCAE wire calculators for size based on length and wattage stuff? I don't know how hard that would be, but it would be cool.
WIRE
I added a new worksheet called Power Wire and Fuses just for you. It's the last one in the workbook. Take a look!

:shifty:

441 - 460 of 476 Posts