DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

461 - 479 of 479 Posts

·
Wave Shepherd
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #461
I don't think you missed anything. I don't get that error when I try to export. I changed a little thing in the VBA code to try and fix it. Try downloading again and see if it's better.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Have you tried using the custom column to to make this?
Yes, of course, it works just fine. I just thought it might be nicer if it were one of the selectable curves. No big deal if you don't want to include it, as I said I've already used it through the custom curve column, and saved the sheet that way.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Yes, of course, it works just fine. I just thought it might be nicer if it were one of the selectable curves. No big deal if you don't want to include it, as I said I've already used it through the custom curve column, and saved the sheet that way.
At one point I had an accumulation of some curves from various folks that I wanted to save. What I did was just add a tab, and add the curves there with titles over their columns. Worked like a champ. I'd pick one, copy/paste over into the output screen custom column.

·
Wave Shepherd
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #464
At one point I had an accumulation of some curves from various folks that I wanted to save. What I did was just add a tab, and add the curves there with titles over their columns. Worked like a champ. I'd pick one, copy/paste over into the output screen custom column.
That is a fantastic idea.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I don't think you missed anything. I don't get that error when I try to export. I changed a little thing in the VBA code to try and fix it. Try downloading again and see if it's better.
I downloaded 5.5 yesterday (10/2). I'm getting the export error too.

Attachments

·
Wave Shepherd
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #466

·
Registered
41 Posts
i get a compilation error with variable not defined, in the debugger Xmax is marked, any clue why that might happen?
It has a value in the sheet.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Jazzi, since you are publishing releases, have you considered moving your project to GitHub? It will give you rev control and others can become contributors, with your oversight. Public repo is free.

Also, it would give you a place to bundle a tutorial and people can open defects that you can track and fix, or just use it for your own project purposes. Odds are it would make your tool better.

·
Registered
383 Posts
good idea except the excel format is a binary format. binaries aren't usually git/diff'able
Can it be refactored such that VB code is in source files loaded into xlsx? That way it can be rev controlled? Not trying to force the issue, just asking for the good of this project.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Wave Shepherd
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #471
i get a compilation error with variable not defined, in the debugger Xmax is marked, any clue why that might happen?
It has a value in the sheet.
Please post a screenshot of what you are trying to do so I can replicate it?

Jazzi, since you are publishing releases, have you considered moving your project to GitHub?
My experience with GitHub is that the outrageously awesome features it is supposed to provide are needlessly complicated to the point of utter confusion. I wish Git stuff was easier to use because it seems fantastically powerful, but mostly I stumble along in the dark not sure when the next time I'm going to stub my toe.

I've tried a couple times to translate the spreadsheet into a webpage and realized webpage development changes too damn fast and I can't keep up with it.

I'm taking a different approach now. See my efforts in this other thread where I'm asking for help:

·
Wave Shepherd
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #472

·
Wave Shepherd
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #473
There's a fix for the Xmax variable not being defined.

I cannot update my signature to have the right post in it because the morons who bought this place only allow one link in a signature now.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Justin, sorry you had a bad experience. In interest of not clogging up this thread, I will DM you. I read your other thread and there is no doubt that you are committed to this. Perhaps I can help you in this area.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
My experience with GitHub is that the outrageously awesome features it is supposed to provide are needlessly complicated to the point of utter confusion. I wish Git stuff was easier to use because it seems fantastically powerful, but mostly I stumble along in the dark not sure when the next time I'm going to stub my toe
i've been using git daily for five years. it's easy to make a mess, especially starting out.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Jazzi,

I'm using LR/12 Crossovers in my Helix DSP,... BUT I used LR/24 in the Excel sheet when I created the House Speaker Curves. I tuned to the LR/24 House Curve using REW. So, the Electrical XO's are at LR/12, but the Acoustical XO's are line up really nice to LR/24 in REW. So, my question is... should I use the Phase Invert on Tweets & Mid-Base like your Excel sheet suggest, or should I not Invert because the Acoustical are lined up at LR/24? (front 3-way + Sub)

·
Registered
640 Posts
This exact point was discussed in linked thread. No. You should not flip your phase if acoustical phase is matching.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Since we are disabling slopes in REW, how much target range should I extend past crossover to match target curve. Example, if my tweeter is crossed at 3500, does it matter if my range is set to 800-20,000 or should I use something a little tighter like 2000-20,000? And so on for other drivers in my 3-way. I noticed I'm getting different values for EQ settings between tight ranges and extended ranges as it matches the target curve. I feel like with the extended range, the EQ suggestions tend to not be as bunched up and sometimes less adjustments.

461 - 479 of 479 Posts