DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

481 - 497 of 497 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Is there any way to see the numerical values for the house curves included in your spreadsheet ? What I mean is, I can enter my custom values and choose them and see them on the graph. But if I choose one of your included curves (Whitledge, Audio Frog, Jazzis) I can see the values on the graph change but not the numerical values driving the graph. I looked all through the sheet and the macros and couldn't figure out where you store these numbers, must be protected ? Do you allow the password so we can inspect this data ? I know its not a big deal, easy enough to guess the numbers from looking at the graph but it would be helpful to me if its easy enough to find those numbers.
Choose the curve you need the values for and hit "export text files" - one of those files is the overall curve which has the numerical values your looking for. I think this is what your looking for?

Reactions: preston

·
Registered
307 Posts
Thank you - I guess I've only done the export once and just grabbed the target files, I didn't realize it was producing an output of the house curve data as well.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Thank you - I guess I've only done the export once and just grabbed the target files, I didn't realize it was producing an output of the house curve data as well.
Yep, that's how I've been grabbing the different values for tweet/mid/midbass/sub to manually input into the Helix RTA tool for custom Helix curves.. Has been working pretty well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
so 1st time using this tool, and when doing a export i get many files subs, mids,tweets etc etc, just taking a guess i can load each curve one by one and work on that one set of speakers? is the overall a house curve for all speakers in one file so i can work on all of them at once? Im very new to REW and trying to teach myself with some help from youtube, going to test this out on motorcycle audio since thats all i do and compete in DBdrag with my bike and some other shows that are for bikes only.

on a side question, sometimes we use meter to break ties and also have meter shows whats a good way to tune for a meter run only? we play songs no burps

thanks for the help

·
Registered
11 Posts
Note: See the link in my signature to download the latest version of this tool.

This spreadsheet has been a lot of fun to make! My goal is to take as much guesswork out of the tuning and installation process as possible. With this tool, you can calculate a safe high-pass crossover point for your midbass and midrange speakers, then plug those numbers into the next sheet where you choose what frequency response curve you want your overall system to have, and the tool will generate a set of custom house curve files tailored for each of your speakers. Import those directly into Room EQ Wizard and use the EQ module to find the filters for your DSP.

If you use the next sheet to calculate time delay settings for all of your speakers, and you get them to match the house curves exported from earlier, then your tuning is mostly done! I recommend spending some more time with 31-band pink noise tracks to get the center image perfectly centered, and you can download some ones I made from my dropbox at this link:

-----> 31-band pink noise tracks <-----

A bonus feature I included is an interactive chart to help you choose which size power wire and fuse for your amplifiers. The sheet will take into account the efficiency of your amplifier (effecting how much power it will need to be supplied with) as well as the condition of your car (engine on or off) and you can choose how much of a voltage drop is acceptable to you. Lastly, measure about how long the power wire needs to be and then you will see which size wire and fuse you will need. A ton of research went into this particular sheet, and I'm looking forward to everyone's feedback.

There is an included read-me with instructions for each section with some hints and cautions.

Like I mention in the included read-me, please let me know if this is useful for you and if you would like me to build more features into this spreadsheet.

Here are some screenshots:

Brilliant job. How did you even came up with this amazing idea. Must take taken lots of your time to make this. Great work.

·
Registered
40 Posts
so 1st time using this tool, and when doing a export i get many files subs, mids,tweets etc etc, just taking a guess i can load each curve one by one and work on that one set of speakers? is the overall a house curve for all speakers in one file so i can work on all of them at once? Im very new to REW and trying to teach myself with some help from youtube, going to test this out on motorcycle audio since thats all i do and compete in DBdrag with my bike and some other shows that are for bikes only.

on a side question, sometimes we use meter to break ties and also have meter shows whats a good way to tune for a meter run only? we play songs no burps

thanks for the help
Sorry no one had responded to you sooner. You are correct about the house curve export files and are explained in the spreadsheet. There are 2 ways to use them in REW: 1) import as a response (from file menu) or 2) select one to use as a house curve (in preferences) as a target for the EQ panel. #1 is handy in overlays while #2 is handy when EQ'ing a response.

Regarding your tuning for SPL question, you may want to see one of the other threads.

·
Wave Shepherd
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #487
I have moved and so support for this tool is moving too.
I welcome all discussion at this thread below:

·
Registered
2010 nissan armada se, helix dsp3, zapco amps,
118 Posts
Sorry no one had responded to you sooner. You are correct about the house curve export files and are explained in the spreadsheet. There are 2 ways to use them in REW: 1) import as a response (from file menu) or 2) select one to use as a house curve (in preferences) as a target for the EQ panel. #1 is handy in overlays while #2 is handy when EQ'ing a response.

Regarding your tuning for SPL question, you may want to see one of the other threads.
HELP, I've tried both ways to import the Audiofrog house curve and I get an error, what's wrong or what am I not doing right? See attached pic.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
HELP, I've tried both ways to import the Audiofrog house curve and I get an error, what's wrong or what am I not doing right? See attached pic.

Thanks

Rob, looks like the file type your trying to load is a .csv file. You'll need a .txt file.

Did you generate the file with Jazzi's spreadsheet or get it somewhere else?

Also, the window reads "Import Impulse Response File"... You'll need to click on "frequency response" under "Import" instead.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Rob, looks like the file type your trying to load is a .csv file. You'll need a .txt file.

Did you generate the file with Jazzi's spreadsheet or get it somewhere else?

Also, the window reads "Import Impulse Response File"... You'll need to click on "frequency response" under "Import" instead.
Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
Downloaded it from the Audiofrog website.. sorry

·
Registered
1,685 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Here are the pics
Looking at your 3rd EQ pick, it looks like there is a lot of boost in your bands. How is that working for you, are there any negative side effects? Im asking because i have always been cautioned from boosting by more than 3 db. But honestly, i have been told a lot of miss information through out the years :)

481 - 497 of 497 Posts