DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have for sale 1 pair of 4" midbass/midrange drivers from the JBL 404Gti component set. Here is info. on them from JBL's website:

Fiberglass reinforced Thermoset voice coils improve Power handling and allow higher listening levels without thermal constraints. Butyl surrounds reject moisture and ultraviolet contamination. Kevlar cones reduce midrange distortion at high levels due to their incredible strength and neutral sonic characteristics. Power Handling, RMS 20-150 watts, midrange driver is 4" kevlar cone with neodymium magnet.

SPECIFICATIONS:

Frequency Response Without Crossover: 80Hz – 5kHz

Recommended Minimum High-Pass CrossoverFrequency for Medium Power Operation: 80Hz

Recommended Maximum Low-Pass Crossover Frequency: 5kHz

Continuous Power Handling With 12dB Passive Network High Passed at Recommended Minimum Frequency: 100 Watts

Continuous Power Handling With 12dB Passive Network High Passed at 150–200Hz (Midrange Operation): 150 Watts

Continuous Power Handling With 18dB Per Octave High-Pass Active Crossover at Recommended Minimum Frequency: 150 Watts

Power Handling When Used Without High-Pass: 75 Watts

Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power: 150 Watts

Minimum Recommended Amplifier Power: 20 Watts

Sensitivity (2.83 Volts / 1 Meter): 89dB

Impedance: 4 Ohms

Dimensions:

Overall Diameter (Mounting Tab to Frame Edge): 4-3⁄8" (111mm)

Height: 2-1⁄8" (54mm)"

Mounting Depth: 1-7⁄8" (48mm)

Cutout Size: 3-3⁄4" (95mm)

Weight 1 lb. 7 oz. (0.66kg)

Fs 100Hz

Qts 0.47

Vas 0.04 cu. ft.

I recently purchased these from someone on eBay but will not be using them. They are in excellent condition, and can serve as a great midrange in a 3-way set-up. They can be high passed at 150 Hz to 200 Hz with ease. :D

$75 shipped!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Payment sent...and boy do I have a problem with buying raw drivers...

Now how to get this into the car....ugg..

·
Premium Member
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Payment sent...and boy do I have a problem with buying raw drivers...

Now how to get this into the car....ugg..
:laugh: I have the same problem. But, I am sure you will find a way to fit these puppies. I would drop them into a pair of kicks, near your door speaker location and run midbass from the doors, tweets from A-pillars :D

Thanks again for your business. Good luck

·
Registered
237 Posts
Wow thats a quick profit on a ebay find.

·
Premium Member
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Wow thats a quick profit on a ebay find.
I don't know what f***ing "profit" you are referring to :confused: because I definitely don't come out ahead on this deal. More importantly, why would you get on here and post some BS like this when you weren't even involved in the transaction and didn't express any interest in the item? :mad:

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Supply and demand.... if you bought them anywhere else online someone would make a profit, why cant this guy? Grow up!!! If the deal falls through I will take them, or if the buyer cant fit them I will take them.

·
"Authentic to the Music"
1,953 Posts
Man I missed this deal. I would have bought them also. This is supposed to be a great driver.

·
Registered
607 Posts
totally amazing drivers. the old GTi line were some of the best drivers ever made. i got SUPER lucky and scored a pair of the 600GTi's on eBay. i know i'm a whore. and i can't help it! the 400's make for an amazing midrange. a _bit_ of peakiness, but wow, the sound amazing if you low pass them at about 4.5kHz ..with AUTHORITY!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Sorry should not have used the word profit. I had been watching them on ebay and missed out on bidding. The 505s with tweets the guy had looked nice also. Didn't mean any disrespect!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts