DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's cold up here in Canada right now thus minus 20 degree weather we had last week rendered my component woofer in my driver door useless. So as I'm looking at listings and discount audio sites for a decent sq 6.5 woofer or set I come across a set of 660gti anniversary editions for a stupid cheap price and without anywhere in the area to go demo them I'm wondering if anyone has heard these and can tell me, or link a vid with good audio, what they sound like and if they are worth the extra dough. Thanks.

·
Banned
81 Posts
Hi from the Peterborough area, Doug. I've never heard them, but I've heard nothing but good things about them. For the right price, I'd try em just from what I've heard of them.

·
Registered
464 Posts
It sounds like a good deal but I usually just hesitate to buy used speakers - amps and electronics okay, but how do you know the conditions of the drivers without extensive listening/testing? Sometimes a blown speaker or driver with problems won't be obvious right away with a clean source and might only be revealed later. This is just my personal opinion.

·
Premium Member
11,424 Posts
Considering cost on them this time last year was upper-900s, I'd say that's a great deal.

But 300 bux seems like they are the 608GTi set and not the 660s.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
His pics show the 660s with the special tweeter pod things and the briefcase for it frills and all gotta be 660s. I said I want to hear them first. If all goes well ill throw pics up this week.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I agree if they aren't blown that is a super deal. I only have the mids and I think they are among the best I have listened to. Can't speak for the tweeters but I have heard great reports when used with the wave guides.

They are a bit forward and detailed for some tastes. If you prefer darker more laid back speakers like Morel or Dyns then these are probably not your cup of tea.

If they aren't blown I will buy them from you if you don't want them. Dual 660GTi midbasses sounds interesting.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hey
i saw those local too. im from toronto and i have 2 sets for sale if your interested..
id be asking around 700$ for my sets each as they are like new.
who knows wether those are blown or not.. sounds a little sketchy
pm me if your interested

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
His pics show the 660s with the special tweeter pod things and the briefcase for it frills and all gotta be 660s. I said I want to hear them first. If all goes well ill throw pics up this week.
The special pod things are called waveguides. Buy the set but ONLY if you're going to install the waveguide. It doesn't sound as good without them...
$300 used is a nice deal if they are in fact 660Gti and are not blown.

Kelvin

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I wish I could find a used set for $200. I would love to play with those waveguides.

·
Registered
52 Posts
$300 is such a steal I would be concerned about how "used" they are or how 'hot' they might be

I think their SQ is excellent everyone loves their midbass, easier to make sound good than most

1 - 20 of 22 Posts