DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some more information and release date (JBL keeps extending)
I'll post up the information I got from team JBL FB page.

Anyone know if it will have upmixing? Like the MS8? Using a MS2 now on my Motorcycle at it's awesome for what it is vs what I paid for it.... But I could go Active 3.5way (2 sets of Tweeters together because wind noise) and reduce my planned amp needs to 1 amp for bass.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I'm a bit curious about this guy. I can't figure out why JBL doesn't have anything on their site about it? I'd love to read the manual or look over the software.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I too am interested. I Iiked my MS8, it was just a little underpowered. 60x8 @ 2 ohms sounds great if it can live up to the old MS8 standards.

The beauty of the MS8 was letting it do it's thing... especially if you had a center channel. I don't see anything unfortunately about this new DSP having any logic 7 stuff built in, or what the software even looks like.

·
Registered
788 Posts
BTW, refurbs on eBay for $184. I snagged one as this should fit my needs quite well.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I think how I'm going to do it is to sum (via Audio Control LC8) door midbass, door midrange/tweeter, and subwoofers to output channels 1 and 2 and then run the center to input 7/8 which will run in to the JBL. The JBL will run the front doors and center. I'll use the amp's subwoofer output to provide input signal (tuned via the software) to an external sub amp. SO EXCITED!!!

·
Registered
788 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Honestly, minus the remote and BT functionality this could be a substitute for the Dayton unit. It's got more inputs, more EQ bands, steeper slopes, and if you dialed the outputs down (and soldered RCA's) to a reasonable level it could be pretty cool.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Picked one of the "referb" units up..... Need some decent weather to get installed but I'm excited. Looked brand new when it arrived 🤷🏼‍♂️.
Going on my Motorcycle Honda F6B Goldwing
Will be run Active replacing my JBL MS-2 and running my currently installed 2ohm Kappas 50.9 Fronts and 60.9 Rears with a (Brazilian)JBL BR-A 400.4 pushing both sets of Mids until PRV Makes a 5MR500-CF or DB drive euphoria exm5n-cf becomes a thing, or I figure out how to get a 6.5 up front 🧐
So 100w each to 5.25s and 6.5 Drivers and 60w to the tweets (front only)
Still need to come up with a game plan for the Sub in my Tourpack/Bags.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Outputs were bad on referb unit....I'll say this about ebay dealer Road Entertainment....they are definitely a Authorized dealer as harmon sent me a RMA to return after sending them receipt...and even 60+ days out Road Entertainment is swapping it out for another one for me. ....

In the software you can dial the outputs down -60DB- +15DB..... So could possibly get it low enough voltage to straight into a RCA input of an external Amplifer vs using it's high level inputs

31band Parametric on each channel is pretty sweet too. Infinity just released a 4 channel Class A/B Version with the same tuning features but this one has RCA outs....only 25w RMS tho. Basically a tweeter DSP

·
Registered
13 Posts
Outputs were bad on referb unit....
Hey Shane. I think I have the same issue you did. I purchased a brand new unit through Road Entertainment and installed it yesterday. I'm not getting any sound to the speakers other than the hiss that appears to be the noise floor of the amplifier. It's as if the DSP isn't connected to the amplifier internally.

One thing that I found odd with the software is that it won't hold my input mixer settings. I can set it the way I need, X out of it, reopen it, and all my inputs will be turned off. Did you notice this issue?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.