DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to squeeze the last bit of performance out of my MS8. So last night I spent about a hour listening to songs while quickly switching from All Seats to Front Seats settings.

The only thing that I have ever read was that Gary Biggs used the front seat setting. I assumed this was because he bi-amped the front, the judges only listen in the front seats and had a 5.1 system.

My SUV has 3 rows of seating and I have my system set up in 7.1. Speaker locations: Center, front doors, rear doors and behind the 3rd row seats.

As far as I what I heard: The All Seat setting seemed a little louder. The Front Seat only setting had more ambiance sound and my soundstage seemed a wider. I don't know why this was like that but the differences depended on the songs. Needless to say, I preferred the Front Seat only setting.

Does anyone have any more information on the differences between the two settings?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm just guessing, but it seems to me the front seats setting has fewer compromises for the front seats so it should sound better up front and worse in back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts