DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have been looking into the JBL MS-8, and it seems to be the perfect solution to suit my needs. I am planning to keep the system as stock as possible at the moment, but have a few questions.

I like the idea of having just the MS-8 and no additional amps and cabling, is the internal amp on the MS-8 any good? I am looking for SQ and certainly not SPL.

If not, would it be alright to run the tweeters, midrange, +/- the midbass from the MS-8 (in a 3 way active setup) and then use my old MB Quart RAB450 amp for the sub?

I am really trying to get some advice from somebody who has used the internal amp as I am struggling to find any posts about it on DIYMA.

Cheers,

Joe

·
Registered
57 Posts
I use the internal amp on my front mids/tweets as well as the rear speakers. The internal amp is a chip amp of good quality. Keep the system simple and give the internal amp a chance. Like Andy told me once, if you don't like it or need more power THEN go ahead and do something else.

Pretty sound, no non-sense advice.

·
Registered
135 Posts
i am currently in the process of using the ms8 to power everything in my 99 audi. i havent gotten to my rear speakers yet but for now just to get some sound its powering front 4" peerless buyout mids, stock audi tweets and 2 6" bazooka subs. not bad, i boosted the bass a little after auto tune but it sounds strong enough for everyday listening. i am going to try using the stock rear deck subs next when i get the time

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.