DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been looking into a subwoofer for when i'm ready to upgrade, and i've read numerous good things about the JBL W1*GTi-MkII . I only have 600 watts @ 3 ohm, so would this JBL W15GTi-MkII be a bad choice? I'd like the the woofer to get low while still covering the higher sub frequencies.I had thought of getting a JBL W15GTi-MkII with a Sealed 2cuft enclosure or possibly a ported JBL W12GTi-MkII, I want something that will blend well with my HAT 6.5 Clarus, so i'm not sure on what would be a better choice. I'd like the woofer to sound great no matter what genre is being played, I normally listen to Trance, hip hop and some Dubstep.This would be going in a '01 Chevrolet S10-Blazer 4 door (SUV) and the amp i have has a built in Sub sonic filter @ 25hz, so not sure if that will also determine what I will end up going with. I don't have the space for a ported 15" either...

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats plenty. This driver is very efficient.
Yes, that is one of the reasons i'm leaning towards this woofer, despite the fact that it's gotten great reviews from various people. I'll probably end up going with the 12" and give it 2.3cuft*net @ 33hz. What spec enclosure do you have, what amp/power are you giving it, and how low/high does it go? noticed you have the 15". Thanks

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have it in a trapezoidal 4 cu. ft. box, ported to 28hz. Driver fires forward through the skipass, and is sealed around it. Ports fire up through the rear package tray.

I have a Mcintosh MCC301M powering it, with ~500w on paper (most will agree Mcintosh underrates) I'm still in the process of assembling the system so the only listening time I've had on it is with the amp loose in the trunk and my iphone hooked up to it which barely provides enough input to get the amp to ~250w or so at max gain.

Wiggles my eyeballs...

Running low pass at 60hz. No infrasonic filtering.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts