DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

201 - 220 of 12504 Posts

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
I don't see in his post where he states a 2 way center.:confused: For simplicity sake, I think I would just go as good and big of a coaxial as I could anyways.
It would work perfectly for me.

2-way front L/R
1-way center
1 way rear L/R
1 way sub

Homemade passive crossovers for center
and rears (which will have mid & tweet right next to each other) and that's a wrap.

I wonder if 2 MS-8's could be strapped together for those with more complicated setups...
Why would you need passive crossovers for the center and sub channel?! AFAIK each channel has a crossover option of HP, LP or BP. All 8 channels can be run actively.
1 way from MS-8 but going to 2 drivers.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
This is looking like it might actually make it to the shelves this year. :p

I would love to run this as a 3-way L/R, coax or full range for center and a sub.

It would be nice if they made an expansion module for it though...maybe to run 3-way L/R, 2-way center, rears and a sub...but I am sure that is asking too much.

·
Registered
393 Posts
This is looking like it might actually make it to the shelves this year. :p

I would love to run this as a 3-way L/R, coax or full range for center and a sub.

It would be nice if they made an expansion module for it though...maybe to run 3-way L/R, 2-way center, rears and a sub...but I am sure that is asking too much.

Please, 8 channels has taken them about 1.5 years and counting........don't throw any wrenches into the mix until its out! :D

·
Registered
854 Posts
http://www.audiogroupforum.com/csforum/showthread.php?t=65671&page=6

"Starting on packaging and the owner's manual today. Getting closer...
Mobile Systems Division"

:D

Not sure that means much. To design it, they had to have written a technical specifications manual anyway months (well, at this point years) ago. They could have probably written an owners manual a long time before product can ship.

Juan

·
Registered
393 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Yeah, my company makes VERY expensive VERY specific electronic devices used in the scientific field, and I can tell you for a fact that the owners manual is the LAST thing they do. Sometimes it's done after the first couple of instruments have been sold LOL.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Trust me you don't want to read it. Written usually by French Canadians and they don't really care that their english isn't very good :D

·
Registered
402 Posts
End of summer? For a user manual and some boxes? Hmm...

If that's true, something tells me they're not yet actually finished with the MS-8 itself. :(

·
Registered
487 Posts
End of summer? For a user manual and some boxes? Hmm...

If that's true, something tells me they're not yet actually finished with the MS-8 itself. :(
4-5 months...it's a bit long but doesn't seem that unreasonable, depending on where they'll be sourcing the printing/packaging/etc. fwiw, i don't remember them saying user manual and boxes are all that's left...it's simply what they're working on at this point.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I know a while back Andy said he was going to quit making assumptions and shoot for a worst case date. He was tired of having to tell us it was delayed.

201 - 220 of 12504 Posts