DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

521 - 540 of 12539 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,235 Posts
Hey Sassmaster,
What's your problem? Why the need to be a constant naysayer? Obviously the product isn't ready yet. Is it necessary to follow up every few posts with the same insult? What's to be gained from all of this?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey Sassmaster,
What's your problem? Why the need to be a constant naysayer? Obviously the product isn't ready yet. Is it necessary to follow up every few posts with the same insult? What's to be gained from all of this?
Obviously nothing other than wanting to stir up controversy. Especially considering he has already stated that he has no desire to get one when it comes out anyway. Some people just get off on being a dick on the internet.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I seriously hope this lives up to my hopes and expectations as currently I'm using a Pioneer ODR unit that treats me like a 10yr old with limits on xover points etc.

I'm sooo looking forward to a proper in-car processor.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
I'm not a big fan of JBL products, basicly. But then if JBL do making some good products, I would like to try it too. So why not we just cross our fingers and wait for the best from Andy. Remember, we already seen some failures on Bit1 begining on this year and it do post some problem to some of us here. As recover back, warranty claims is really a pain(not yet mention time wasted on waiting for the new unit)

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
I'm not a big fan of JBL products, basicly. But then if JBL do making some good products, I would like to try it too. So why not we just cross our fingers and wait for the best from Andy. Remember, we already seen some failures on Bit1 begining on this year and it do post some problem to some of us here. As recover back, warranty claims is really a pain(not yet mention time wasted on waiting for the new unit)
JBL has been making Great products for many years.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Andy, I know you’re hesitant to speculate on a release date after last year’s postponement, but could you throw us a bone with a ballpark estimate? I’ve been living with a Cleansweep and summing module since early 2007 when Gary told my installer the MS-8 was the best solution for my application but unfortunately wouldn’t be out for a few months. I know most people in this thread are in the same boat. I’ve been through 3 Cleansweeps and 2 summing modules in the past two-plus years and the summing module is on the fritz again. Based on what I’ve read, the MS-8 is perfect for me. I’m just hoping to find out if I’ll be installing it in my current car, or my next one. Thanks!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hey Sassmaster,
show us a product, or give a firm release date, or this is all just a joke.

I honestly think this is all just a joke that got out of hand, and I don't want people waiting for a product that will likely never be released. Think IDone here....

this thread has been 2 years of "not yet, but soon we hope" It's really sad to see people getting a hard on for a product that they've never seen, nobody has really ever seen, but is going to be "perfect" for them.

an imaginary product is always perfect, but completely useless.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
show us a product, or give a firm release date, or this is all just a joke.

I honestly think this is all just a joke that got out of hand, and I don't want people waiting for a product that will likely never be released. Think IDone here....

this thread has been 2 years of "not yet, but soon we hope" It's really sad to see people getting a hard on for a product that they've never seen, nobody has really ever seen, but is going to be "perfect" for them.

an imaginary product is always perfect, but completely useless.

Whatever.

Let me tell you a little story about what happens when you rush a technologically advanced product into production before it is ready...

(I've generalized the info contained here to stay employed)
The company I work for produces a technology for a company that makes car scan tools. Anyway, the scan tool product is a very advanced, very expensive machine. It is one of the most feature-laden, most theoretically capable things out there to diagnose cars. Because of the way our company provides services to this scan tool, I get to hear directly from the end-users (car technicians.)

So this thing came out officially last year, after many years of fundamental engineering work...and a surprisingly short time of beta testing and tuning due to overwhelming demand for it. There was also a push to release it to compete with another brand of scan tool with similar features, and play head-to-head. The short version of what has transpired since its release is that essentially the tool has had massive, massive problems for most of the users. In some cases, it has made the tool unusable, and MORE of a time expense to techs than a time saver.

Now it has been a LONG journey with customers and their complaints about this tool, and after many software rewrites, customer tool replacements, and a few heated discussions about how to make it better, it HAS gotten better. Of course there are a lot of customers that have such a bitter taste in their mouths from the experience that they will probably never buy from this particular brand ever again. It is unfortunate, but we all know it happens.

The moral of this particular story is...if this tool would have been delayed a bit for more extensive beta testing, and if during the testing the flaws were fixed properly, the end story would be different for this tool. Sure there is the risk of another company's product coming out and beating yours while you are in development. And sure, as you fix the bugs new ones pop up. But, the RIGHT thing to do for the sake of your customers is exactly what Mr. JBL is doing right here. To release a product that doesn't reflect your company's best intentions and abilities makes it worthless, even if it comes out faster. Yeah, I really want an MS-8 to replace my 3sixty.2, but I'll wait until it is right. The last thing I need is another headache in designing a proper audio system, right?

Carry on, Andy. You're doing a great thing and I want one of these machines when they release. But I'd rather you get it just the way you want to before it leaves your hands, if that's OK by you.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Second to fourthmeal. When a product is known to have problem(even small one), why need to release it and taking the risk to recover it back from the market? Cost will incured and it won't be cheap. End of day this cost may put back to end consumer on the next "good" release by either selling it expensive or change some parts inside to cheaper components.
The good day to day exanple is Sony notebook's battery, always got problem. And their notebook is not cheap.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I completely understand working all the bugs out and making the product work properly... but don't "release" it 2 years ahead of when people can actually purchase it..
It was not "released" in any way.

I for one appreciate the insight and discussion some of these employees have been giving us.

·
Banned
1,808 Posts
it was used in IASCA competition at the 2006 world finals, which was the "release" of it to show everyone what it was capable of...
Agreed in that a lot of people would take the beta version of that processor if it was capable of winning SQ comps. I get the feeling it was close to being a full product then someone who was very important in making it quit or left and that severely stalled the last part of the project.

There is no doubt that with the features and methods laid out in this thread, this product is BY FAR the most advanced mobile audio processor ever produced. Waiting for any final beta testing to complete is very important. The last thing JBL wants is for a rash of bad reviews or problems from various users.

·
18,499 Posts
but the bit one dosnt have the self setting ability for the lazy people
look at what I quoted above...

I was referencing the bit one's premature release. From that stance, I think JBL would rather piss people off by holding off on the release than piss them off by releasing it too soon only to have to issue recalls and send out 3 versions of their product.

*coming from a guy who has had all three versions of the bit one and will still use the latest*

521 - 540 of 12539 Posts