DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

61 - 80 of 12539 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I still have not seen anything on a release date but I have seen talk of the price to be around $800.00.

·
Registered
778 Posts
about room correction, they still have problems to get that to work consistenly in homes, let alone in cars. I think that will be a long way off.

I would like a dsp in car that has width control though. :) fun toy on the behringer units and works nice in a car.

MS8 sounds great for the cars that you want to set up, and leave as is. In other words, the wifey's vehicle, but I want more then just an 11 band GEQ to control.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
once your sound is set up and dialed in, why would you want to control it any longer?
If you've ever used these type of dsp's, you wouldn't ask that question :D

It's very hit or miss, and no one's really come up with the perfect solution yet. It helps to be able to alter the target response by ear.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I plan on jumping on one of these about a year after its release to the public this summer. Price will drop by then and bugs will be worked out....

Ge0

·
Registered
362 Posts
Supposed to be able to update the firmware when new releases come out. The bugs should be updated out.:)

I am jumping on one of these as soon as I get a release date. My Avic N2 has never impressed me with it's sound, or eq, but in my tow vehicle I needed nav and didn't want a large screen screwed into the dash.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
once your sound is set up and dialed in, why would you want to control it any longer?
Agreed.

I believe the purpose of the MS8 is for the MACHINE to do a better job tuning than the average Joe. Which like it or not, is damn near all of us here. If someone wants to tune beyond that, the MS8 contains more than enough tools to do so. Remember, you'll be starting off with a pretty damn good response...

Ge0

·
Registered
59 Posts
I heard one of these prototypes and it did sound good..first processor for a car I've ever heard that actually uses a center channel and surrounds to make good old "stereo" sound great! It really did sound good...and with factory door speaker locations...this thing is going to make it easy for people with simple systems have great sound....put it this way...after I heard it, I made sure to get setup with JBL for the shop :)

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Production ready product pic...

According to Andy at Harmann, they've got the hardware finalized.. "getting closer". So this thing is making progress though slowly.

I can't emphasize highly enough that I FREAKIN' WANT ONE.

The thing that's cool about these OEM processors is it doesn't matter what car, you can take it with you after you unload the old car for a new one.

I have sneaky suspician this thing is going to spank the H650 and 3sixty.2 and cleansweep in sales.. reason being, it's too easy.. One box solution.. I'd even run it by itself on internal amps for a while to see how it does...

Which brings a question of what nice DIY style mids and tweets (raw drivers) would be a good match for a standalone MS-8 internal amp??? Something relatively efficient and possibly in 4ohm or close to it?? I'm thinking Seas neo tweets, but what mids?

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
Which brings a question of what nice DIY style mids and tweets (raw drivers) would be a good match for a standalone MS-8 internal amp??? Something relatively efficient and possibly in 4ohm or close to it?? I'm thinking Seas neo tweets, but what mids?
It doesnt matter because it will EQ and set it up for you anyways right ;) :p I would like to have one as well...but im sure pricing will be quite expensive at the release

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
It doesnt matter because it will EQ and set it up for you anyways right ;) :p I would like to have one as well...but im sure pricing will be quite expensive at the release
Well, what I meant was for a cool little 1-box system using just the internal amps of the MS-8 for the front-stage, the 20watt internal amps aren't exactly a powerhouse... So matching up to some mids that were relatively easy to drive.. Maybe mach 5's or something like that that can be bought raw to match active with Neo tweets.. Also maybe dayton 4ohm's.

Yeah.. Someone at CES go bug Andy and get a date when it's hitting the shelves!

61 - 80 of 12539 Posts