DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

9681 - 9700 of 12528 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Whats up gentlemen,

Got one for you...

Ive read through at least 200 pages of this thread while waiting for my ms-8 to arrive. I do not recall hearing any issues like mine. I was rushing to get it done while I still had sunlight so I have a few ideas what may be happening but i wanted to see if anyone had a little insight to ease my pain.

First off, My set up is 3 way front and a sub. no rears or sides. Tweets are running off ms-8 internal amp while mids, low mids, and sub are amped off JBLs MS series amps

Once installed, the issue im having is that on initial turn on i can hear a whistle sound like a bomb falling, then disappears. Coming from left tweeter only. A fter continuing calibration, all the music is coming from the driver side tweeter and is full of static.

Like i said i rushed so my install is a mess and has wires over wires so the whine i can prob find pretty easily.

My concern is sound only from 1 tweeter. I can see if the channel is bad by moving everything over one channel since i have 1 unused. If thats the case why would there be no sound from any other speakers?

I read about the headphnes staying plugged in afterwards so i made sure to remove them.

I also am not sure if i have headunit on full pass.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Matter if I run just mids in the back or coaxials?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Whats up gentlemen,

Got one for you...

Ive read through at least 200 pages of this thread while waiting for my ms-8 to arrive. I do not recall hearing any issues like mine. I was rushing to get it done while I still had sunlight so I have a few ideas what may be happening but i wanted to see if anyone had a little insight to ease my pain.

First off, My set up is 3 way front and a sub. no rears or sides. Tweets are running off ms-8 internal amp while mids, low mids, and sub are amped off JBLs MS series amps

Once installed, the issue im having is that on initial turn on i can hear a whistle sound like a bomb falling, then disappears. Coming from left tweeter only. A fter continuing calibration, all the music is coming from the driver side tweeter and is full of static.

Like i said i rushed so my install is a mess and has wires over wires so the whine i can prob find pretty easily.

My concern is sound only from 1 tweeter. I can see if the channel is bad by moving everything over one channel since i have 1 unused. If thats the case why would there be no sound from any other speakers?

I read about the headphnes staying plugged in afterwards so i made sure to remove them.

I also am not sure if i have headunit on full pass.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!!

i bought mine a few weeks ago and I'm waiting to get a 4 channel amp hopefully this week then I'm going to install mine.i went to the online manual its a lot better,theirs like 40 pages of detailed directions and a trouble shooting section too,seems like i read if the volume is up too high other than a normal conversation talking level it would cause these noises your hearing,not sure,other than that it says to get tech support,which is what I'm going to do right off the bat.hope you get it tuned.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've been running MS8 for 2 years in my 2-way system and happy with it.
Last 2 week, there is no sound from the tweeter. Try to swap the RCA-out, the mid-bass gone and tweeter on (of course in very small volume).

The pre-amp seems to fail. The repair workshop confirm this but they cannot find the part. The P/N is not showing at the board. It is 8x2 pin. I cannot provide the picture at moment since the unit is still at the repair shop.

Can anybody help me to get the P/N of pre-amp IC for MS8?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've been running MS8 for 2 years in my 2-way system and happy with it.
Last 2 week, there is no sound from the tweeter. Try to swap the RCA-out, the mid-bass gone and tweeter on (of course in very small volume).

The pre-amp seems to fail. The repair workshop confirm this but they cannot find the part. The P/N is not showing at the board. It is 8x2 pin. I cannot provide the picture at moment since the unit is still at the repair shop.

Can anybody help me to get the P/N of pre-amp IC for MS8?
OP amps at the output are TS974IPT.

·
Registered
68 Posts
wonderful!
I google search and it is 14 pins not 16. I will double check with the repair shop.
Thanks a lot.

Thanks also to t3sn4f2 for your great help. :angel:
Output opamps are what I said.

Input opamps are TL074ID SOIC-14.

I've got service manual ;), so I'm sure.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes, you're right. the repair shop revise that it is 14 pins.
Still, he cannot find locally. I have to buy it on-line.
about 3-4 weeks without MS8 :(
There is a better replacement for input opamp (4134)

Ouptut can probably be replaced with LME49743, but you need to check power requirements first

·
Registered
952 Posts
i bought mine a few weeks ago and I'm waiting to get a 4 channel amp hopefully this week then I'm going to install mine.i went to the online manual its a lot better,theirs like 40 pages of detailed directions and a trouble shooting section too,seems like i read if the volume is up too high other than a normal conversation talking level it would cause these noises your hearing,not sure,other than that it says to get tech support,which is what I'm going to do right off the bat.hope you get it tuned.
Im sure you will be happy with it.

I figured out my issue but im too embarassed to tell you what it was LOL. Like i said I was in a rush so it was operator/install error.

I did try a few of the calibration tips i read, each one yeilding slightly different results all of which sounded quite nice. It is a little overwhel ming reading all these posts without having ever fooled with one. Once u get it installed CORRECTLY, its cake after that.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I need big help here. I carried in my car to change tires and when I got it back the fourth channel of the ms-8 was not working. When I checked, the rca to that channel was connected to the "aux in". I am sure that the worker knocked it out and did not know where to plug it back in so he stuck it into the aux. Unfortunately the system was powered for at least ten minutes while I was driving. The amp and the speaker are fine but is the ms-8 a paperweight now or is there something I can do?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I need big help here. I carried in my car to change tires and when I got it back the fourth channel of the ms-8 was not working. When I checked, the rca to that channel was connected to the "aux in". I am sure that the worker knocked it out and did not know where to plug it back in so he stuck it into the aux. Unfortunately the system was powered for at least ten minutes while I was driving. The amp and the speaker are fine but is the ms-8 a paperweight now or is there something I can do?
That should not have caused any problems. Just put the RCA back where it belongs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I found out that a few of the rcas were in the wrong places including one that was on a channel assigned to internal amplifier. Everything was put back where they should be and it works!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Any update where to buy the display cable or a replacement?
how can i test the unit without cable? just got it used so wanna check it asap...Thanksssss

·
Registered
361 Posts
well heres my question for tonight,since the ms-8 sends the music towards your seating position,what does it do to your subs? i don't want my subs to be sent to my head so to speak.i am very anal about my subs,the way they play,they way they sound,and right now i have them sounding better than i ever have,you can feel it with every beat,and thats just at a 1/4 of volume,it just shakes you from head to toe,you can feel it.so my question is what is going to happen when i do a tune with my ms-8 to my subs ?what is it going to change ? cause I'm already thinking about not hooking it up when tuning if thats even a choice i have.

9681 - 9700 of 12528 Posts