DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

12541 - 12543 of 12543 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
In not sure about the default behavior of the MS-8 but as a potential fix you could get something like a JL fix and sum the center channel with the L and R before routing to the MS-8. Not ideal but would likely work. My bad if you’ve already thought of that...

Let us know how it goes! I’ll hopefully be doing an MS-8 build in the coming month or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
In not sure about the default behavior of the MS-8 but as a potential fix you could get something like a JL fix and sum the center channel with the L and R before routing to the MS-8. Not ideal but would likely work.
EDIT - Yes, routing the NAV Voice only, with OE center music volume set to zero, would likely work OK that way.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Much worse than "not ideal" .... that would completely destroy the staging, the whole purpose and benefit of the DSP. Definitely not going there.

There are other workarounds using the MS-8 for its fantastic music processing; leaving the OE center speaker for only NAV Voice (OE center music volume set to zero), while installing another center for the MS-8 is just one example.
Ah, well that sounds much better :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12541 - 12543 of 12543 Posts