DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

341 - 360 of 361 Posts

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
Is that 2018 Jeep GC sold or do we need David's marketing dept to re-write the ads.....

Still sitting on it... :(

I got a couple ridiculous offers but I told them to go pluck themselves.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Still sitting on it... :(

I got a couple ridiculous offers but I told them to go pluck themselves.
I just saw commercials that Jeep is giving employee pricing for the holidays. I'm sure they'll include the Trackhawk so you probably need to move quick. :p

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #345
I just saw commercials that Jeep is giving employee pricing for the holidays. I'm sure they'll include the Trackhawk so you probably need to move quick. :p
I saw that too... At this point I am ready to drop my current Jeep off in Mexico. :eek: Lol

I was going to put the TH on order thinking that I would sell mine during the wait, but with the lack of interest in it I am kinda nervous about that... :worried:

·
Registered
734 Posts
I saw that too... At this point I am ready to drop my current Jeep off in Mexico. :eek: Lol

I was going to put the TH on order thinking that I would sell mine during the wait, but with the lack of interest in it I am kinda nervous about that... :worried:
can u not get a nice trade in for it, you should have a tax credit if u do

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #347
can u not get a nice trade in for it, you should have a tax credit if u do
They offered me about 5k below what I thought I could sell it for private party... But I have been trying to sell it WITH the audio and that isn't generating much interest right now.

Maybe I should pull the audio and sell it cheap-ish... What sucks is that it has only 3,900 miles and it is literally flawless, mint condition. It would hurt to trade it in for what the dealer is offering. :mad:

·
Registered
734 Posts
They offered me about 5k below what I thought I could sell it for private party... But I have been trying to sell it WITH the audio and that isn't generating much interest right now.

Maybe I should pull the audio and sell it cheap-ish... What sucks is that it has only 3,900 miles and it is literally flawless, mint condition. It would hurt to trade it in for what the dealer is offering. :mad:

$5k is nothing IMO. pull the gear and trade it. in tennessee when you trade a car you only pay tax on the difference not the whole purchase price of new vehicle, do you have that where u live

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #349
$5k is nothing IMO. pull the gear and trade it. in tennessee when you trade a car you only pay tax on the difference not the whole purchase price of new vehicle, do you have that where u live
Wow, that's nice... Not in California... Every time a vehicle sells the full tax amount is paid on it, currently 9.5% in my area.

The 5k isn't bad considering the convenience of not having to sell it pp, I guess... Nobody has the color/config I want in stock, though, so I would still have to order it.

A dealer local to me has a few white 2019s left at almost $20k discount, but I have my heart set on silver.

This looks to good:

vs white

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #351
...plus, with the silver one, the wife won't know the difference. :D
Exactly! lol

The other day she ask me why I don't get a Range Rover instead... I love them, they just aren't as exciting as the Jeep. Well, not until you get into SVR, but even that is more comparable to the SRT Jeep and the Range's price jumps closer to $120k, almost twice the SRT.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #353
Oh. If she said Range Rover that means you have been pre-approved for a Range Rover!! Just go get it!!
The RR Sport medium size is easier to deal with in traffic/parking...
Haha! Well, I do love them, but it wouldn't tickle my fantasy like the TH... They are beautiful driving SUVs for sure, though. They are very common around here, spotting a Trackhawk is rare thing. ;)

·
Registered
734 Posts
damn, if you a trade a vehicle in that you have already titled and paid tax on you still have to pay full tax on trade purchase, thats outrageous. cali double screwing you on that. we pay 9.25% but again its only on trade difference

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #355
damn, if you a trade a vehicle in that you have already titled and paid tax on you still have to pay full tax on trade purchase, thats outrageous. cali double screwing you on that. we pay 9.25% but again its only on trade difference
Oh, that just scratches the surface of how bad this state screws us... Think about this - over the lifetime of a vehicle if it sells over and over, how much sales tax is paid on it!

So on a TH at almost 100k, the tax is obviously $9,500. If I turn around and sell it the next day for the same price the buyer would pay the same $9,500 again! It's fucking robbery, imo.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Oh, that just scratches the surface of how bad this state screws us... Think about this - over the lifetime of a vehicle if it sells over and over, how much sales tax is paid on it!

So on a TH at almost 100k, the tax is obviously $9,500. If I turn around and sell it the next day for the same price the buyer would pay the same $9,500 again! It's fucking robbery, imo.
Taxation is theft. California's taxation is uber-theft.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #357

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #359

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #360
Well guys, bad news. The Trackhawk is NOT happening at this time in my life... I have begun divorce proceedings with my wife, and that is no time to buy a $100k, crazy Jeep... I did trade the Grand Cherokee in for a Wrangler JL, though, so there will be a new building starting soon! ;)

341 - 360 of 361 Posts