DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it finally arrived. another slow build... will be looking for some input along the way, so please give as much input as you can... my deaden-er is in so will be picking that up tomorrow.. i will post a few pics as things are now stock and looking for input tomorrow.... for now this is the only pick i have...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
looking for some input please... first pic is what i'm dealing with second pic is what i'm thinking of..or should i just mount the mid-range in factory dash spot then mount the tweet in the same spot of second pic.... i want to fab my doors for the gb60's in the door, but as you can see there is no factory speakers there..so that will be fun. i was thinking of shipping my door panels with the gb60's to mobile solutions in Calgary to see what they can do.. as for the amps i was hoping to fit them in the cubbie on the floor but 2 inches to short. i was going to angle stack them and the helix in the smaller spot... so i just might cut that bigger and fiberglass then linex it sealed. not sure any opinion?
sorry for the sideways pics i should of made them smaller..

Attachments

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
looking for some input please... first pic is what i'm dealing with second pic is what i'm thinking of..or should i just mount the mid-range in factory dash spot then mount the tweet in the same spot of second pic.... i want to fab my doors for the gb60's in the door, but as you can see there is no factory speakers there..so that will be fun. i was thinking of shipping my door panels with the gb60's to mobile solutions in Calgary to see what they can do.. as for the amps i was hoping to fit them in the cubbie on the floor but 2 inches to short. i was going to angle stack them and the helix in the smaller spot... so i just might cut that bigger and fiberglass then linex it sealed. not sure any opinion?
sorry for the sideways pics i should of made them smaller..
Take a couple days and DRIVE to Calgary, it's a beautiful drive, mostly the BC part, but even Alberta has it's own type of beauty. I've driven that drive 3 or 4 times round trip, Vancouver-Calgary.

Anyways, back to the Jeep... I think your are smart to not settle for midbass in those tiny pods and something totally custom on the doors would be awesome.

Congrats, that looks like the Granite Crystal Metallic right? Beautiful JL!

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks David, it is the Granite Crystal Metallic.... didn't want to deal with the up keep on the black again.... you could always come for a visit to the okanogan and help me out with your fab skills.....work you all day, go boating in the evening.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Very tempting! Lol

·
Registered
728 Posts
Is there a grab handle on the drivers side ? ( i need to get over and see that Jeep ! ).
Looks like the perfect encosure is availlable, if there is a pair.

And yes, the B.C. Okanagan is beautiful ( and dry ) , I love it here !

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
All of BC is beautiful. I enjoy the rain, too.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yup lurch grab handle on both sides.
David i have 5 rooms you could choose from... 3 squares a day,, lets not make this another track-hawk decision lol..... i will catch up with u lurch...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looking forward to seeing what you do on this build. Also, great choice in color! My JLU that is on order is also Granite Crystal.

Cheers,
-Andrew

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
little progress; working 12's just doesn't leave much time for play...started laying the deaden-er down two layers so far, front to back on the passenger side as you can see there was nothing for factory deaden-er in this 2019.. my 2017 at least came with a carpet liner.. IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg

IMG_1450.jpg
just the front driver side left.. layed some focal bam on the door panels. IMG_1461.jpg
tonight i pulled the dash apart to get read to install the pac-pro and this nice optic cable i picked up.. IMG_1474.jpg IMG_1462.jpg
hope to have the dash put back together tomorrow, then start running the wires, then the dash pods will be next.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Excited to see what all you do with the JL!

I am leaning towards going more simple for my setup. Active 2 way setup in front, coax in the sound bar and a single 10"

Cheers,
-A

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Excited to see what all you do with the JL!

I am leaning towards going more simple for my setup. Active 2 way setup in front, coax in the sound bar and a single 10"

Cheers,
-A
when do you take ownership of your's?
what audio gear will you be running?

·
Registered
44 Posts
when do you take ownership of your's?
what gear will you be running?
I should receive it the first part of November. I wanted a manual transmission so they had to build it.

As far as stereo equipment - I don't know. I think I am going to do all new gear other than my Sundown SD3 sub. So if you have recommendations for somewhat cost effective gear, I'm all ears!

Cheers,
-A

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
how would you mount these flat or taper the side amps? thought i would link the z-3kd together and run the factory 12 inch sub lol just kidding.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
I like them flat. You could do a false floor and potentially hide them under a mat in a pinch.

Also, I am sure the factory sub could take it. Haha.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Okay, this is a long shot... I am curious if the dash speaker pod in the JL is the same mounting points and size as the one in the JK. I just spoke to a shop in IL that said they did a JL that was the "first on the lot" in their area and it had 6.5" speakers as part of the Alpine system.

There is no way it can be that easy - but man would I be pumped to be able to drop my current pods in the new JL...

Anyone have both they could compare?

Cheers,
-A

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay, this is a long shot... I am curious if the dash speaker pod in the JL is the same mounting points and size as the one in the JK. I just spoke to a shop in IL that said they did a JL that was the "first on the lot" in their area and it had 6.5" speakers as part of the Alpine system.

There is no way it can be that easy - but man would I be pumped to be able to drop my current pods in the new JL...

Anyone have both they could compare?

Cheers,
-A
i would ask for proof... its a pita to remove the new pods, i do have the top of the line factory premium system and mine are the 4 inch.. which is why i'm going to do a mod to retain my frog gb60...

1 - 20 of 103 Posts