DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
not much,,, dam work...
had this thing for just a month still only have 600 km on it.... all my wire is run carpet and seats back in.. ran my power wire front to back and mounted the director and bass knob at the bottom of the dash. going to do some template today for amp rack...

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Finally took delivery of my 2020!

So, in starting to dig into it, I discovered the drivers down low have very small openings to allow the sound through. Meaning that changing to a larger driver in the dash may not yield much more output without figuring out how to enlarge the openings.

Toneloc, had you seen that? I know you were talking about putting your drivers in the doors, but I would still like to be able to remove mine from time to time.

Cheers,
-A

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Finally took delivery of my 2020!

So, in starting to dig into it, I discovered the drivers down low have very small openings to allow the sound through. Meaning that changing to a larger driver in the dash may not yield much more output without figuring out how to enlarge the openings.

Toneloc, had you seen that? I know you were talking about putting your drivers in the doors, but I would still like to be able to remove mine from time to time.

Cheers,
-A
well congrats man on the 2020.. any pics of your new baby?
her is a pic were i'm at on my doors don't really want to post more till i get closer.. don't think your going to have much luck on those dash pods. at least 6.5 wise.... you could do doors.. you can simply run speaker wires to the dash pods when you run without your doors. the factory plug is very accessible.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
ok front doors done... just a little wiring left on the amp rack and feed some wire threw the door loom and i can hang the door cards back on,,, waiting for my tweeter pods to come in then i can start planing what to do with the upper dash..

Attachments

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
ok front doors done... just a little wiring left on the amp rack and feed some wire threw the door loom and i can hang the door cards back on,,, waiting for my tweeter pods to come in then i can start planing what to do with the upper dash..
Holy shit balls, man!! You have absolutely killed it!

Those look amazing and there really couldn't be a better solution to getting mid bass in a Wrangler, then what you've done there!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Holy shit balls, man!! You have absolutely killed it!

Those look amazing and there really couldn't be a better solution to getting mid bass in a Wrangler, then what you've done there!!
Agreed, those bad boys are wicked! Will done sir!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
thanks guys.. only thing i would of done different is the grill type, but it is what it is... at least there is more air volume then there was in the jk, so mid-bass response should be a bit better.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
thanks guys.. only thing i would of done different is the grill type, but it is what it is... at least there is more air volume then there was in the jk, so mid-bass response should be a bit better.
Definitely. Slap those panels on the doors and let's see how they look!

·
Registered
42 Posts

Those are amazing! Your work is killer!

The issue with you doing a build like this is that it makes me want to go bonkers on mine, which I really shouldn't do. At least that is what I keep telling myself...

Cheers,
-A

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
ok doors are hung... this was the posses.. only had one issue,, i failed to leave enough room for the lumbar knob, but that's an easy fix...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
my German tweet pods came in so they are now in place and angled... just the mid-range left to go then hope to bump some sound next week... not sure if i should keep posting here or move to the other forum...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
my German tweet pods came in so they are now in place and angled... just the mid-range left to go then hope to bump some sound next week... not sure if i should keep posting here or move to the other forum...
Looks great man! Post here and there, it's really taking off at CAJ and the vibe is great. I'll be posting less and less here, and more over there.

I still can't get over the door panels... You should make a thread about them alone.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
ok finally have everything in and hooked up minus the subs.. took a quick measurement to see were my baseline is at.. does't look to bad... now to test for unwanted sound, then tune tune tune...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
got a little left side tuning in today,,, hope to start the right side later tonight.. still a bit to go on left..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Nice work man. Pods turned out very well. Get my Jeep back next week after 33 month engine swap so finally I can focus on important stuff like midbass placement. Tuning my bimmer now. Neighbors probably like, ‘what is that weirdo doing in backseat of car for hours on end’. lol.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Nice! Starting to order equipment for my build today. Hoping to start glassing my sub box this weekend.

Cheers
hey bud what equipment were you looking at again? plus head unit? might have some important info for you..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey Toneloc,

I went with the Hybrid Audio L3SE for the dash, Unity 2 ohm 6.5's for knee area and the Zapco ADSP-Z8 IV-8 amp/dsp and a pac pro to integrate to factory headunit. I will use my Sundown SD3 sub in a sealed box in the back cubby area. The idea is a simple/stealth install that sounds great.

Cheers,
-A

21 - 40 of 63 Posts