DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I gotta ask, how have the L3SE's been in the jeep? I had a pair in my CTS-V and they were fantastic. Have my '19 JLUR now and am contemplating going one of two ways - go cheap with a kicker 3.5" upgrade from the Dart that everyone seems to love to do, or go with the HAT widebanders and throw some power to them. Were they a drop in install? Did you have to fab anything to get them in?
Hey Toneloc,

I went with the Hybrid Audio L3SE for the dash, Unity 2 ohm 6.5's for knee area and the Zapco ADSP-Z8 IV-8 amp/dsp and a pac pro to integrate to factory headunit. I will use my Sundown SD3 sub in a sealed box in the back cubby area. The idea is a simple/stealth install that sounds great.

Cheers,
-A

·
Registered
44 Posts
I gotta ask, how have the L3SE's been in the jeep? I had a pair in my CTS-V and they were fantastic. Have my '19 JLUR now and am contemplating going one of two ways - go cheap with a kicker 3.5" upgrade from the Dart that everyone seems to love to do, or go with the HAT widebanders and throw some power to them. Were they a drop in install? Did you have to fab anything to get them in?
Hey Jeeplaw,

They fit in the stock location without much issue. I actually have a build log on here that shows them. I just picked up a new sub and after I get done with our master bedroom remodel I am going to start fabricating a box in the rear storage cubby. After I get that done and some more sound deadening I am going to get it professionally tuned.

Cheers,
-A

·
Registered
197 Posts
let the fun begin... starting my dash pods today... the wife's out of the house for 5 hours so won't be bugged about the smell.... View attachment 260770 View attachment 260771
Interested in finding out if there’s any resin bleed through the tape. Did similar and despite testing a sample beforehand I decided to still throw foil down to serve as a mould release

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
ok little more update.. ended up using the factory grills to build off of.. and was thinking of mounting the tweets on the a pillars maybe a little higher. if they sound good there i will fiberglass in place... just waiting for the helix .3 to show up and vinyl. then i can wrap the dash pods.. then do some testing..

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Looking good, man!!!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Get ready to hear detail that’ll make you wonder if it’s the same files you’ve always been playing all along

·
Registered
67 Posts
ok front doors done... just a little wiring left on the amp rack and feed some wire threw the door loom and i can hang the door cards back on,,, waiting for my tweeter pods to come in then i can start planing what to do with the upper dash..

Did you build these? If so awesome job as it looks like the doors came factory like that. I have s granite crystal jeep also its a 2016 though. Ive been thinking of doing the doors to hold 2 6.5” mids and 2 super tweeters.

I didnt read whole thread yet but wanted to ask what you did to the Jeep as far as electrical?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
thank you sir. hope to mount everything Sunday

It's Sunday, where are the pics?! Lol. Btw, I got a new number, I'll text it to you later...

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
So I’ve got to go buy a Jeep to get your number. Geez. Talk about high maintenance. Lol!
Yep, it's a special club... with a password... and a secret handshake. Lol

41 - 60 of 93 Posts