DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I now have both, but the JL is in the car. Before I swap, anyone care to guess what the subjective difference will be? .6cf sealed box, downfiring on 250w. When I put it in Wed, I'll report. I know, it's not an exciting debate, but I'm easily entertained.

·
Vendor
4,981 Posts
my experince with the xt10 is very good, i feel for its class and size, its pretty accurange, very good transients, and acutally very good impact for such a small sub.

the w1, having installed a few, i feel prolly is equal to it on output maybe slightly better? slightly slightly better bottom end extension, but i dont feel its as accurate, impactful and tonally good as the xt.

but you are comparting two different subs essentially, a normal entry level design and a compact ultra thin design.

personally, compared to all the other thin subs i have tried, in this price range, i really enjoy the xt10

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm still not exactly sure why I got the Exile except to try something new. No dealers nearby so I ordered direct. Real helpful guys, customer service was great.

·
Registered
151 Posts
So what were the test results..I notice you have the Exile up for sale now, does that answer the question as to which you like better?

·
Registered
800 Posts
yeah, I would like to know as well. I'm about to use 2of these in my current install. I know tjis is an old thread but would appreciate the input. I've already talked to Bing and got his opinion. But the more viewpoints the better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts