• JL 10W3v3

Votes: 21 60.0%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking for opinions on 10" sub selection for a trunk install in a 3rd Gen Acura TL. I'll be mounting the sub in a custom corner mount sealed enclosure and powering it with a Zapco DC 500.1. The other speakers in my car are Seas Lotus Reference.

I've narrowed my choices to either the JL 10W3v3 or the Seas SW250.

Please let me know what you think.

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,005 Posts
The 10w3v3 will be more than fine on 500 watts RMS. The only thing I find about JL Audio is that they require a much larger enclosure than what JL recommends to reproduce sub bass frequencies.

·
Registered
326 Posts
My brother is running a 10w3v3 sealed with 500 rms on it. It doesn't really like trying to reproduce higher bass notes. I think in a properly vented enclosure it would be really nice. I don't agree with JL's recommended box sizes on any of their subs.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Yeah this is one consideration but is it important for a sub in my trunk?

More opinions please
Not really, but then that's the whole point. You would be hard pressed to discern much difference between the two of them in your application.

·
Registered
7 Posts
THe W3 will be precise and accurate, as I know the Seas will. I know of nothing but delicious response from 80 hz on down. The upper bass notes comment is a non-issue; subs shouldn't be producing anything high enough to give away where they are installed!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts